AMV BBDO creates football-themed campaign for Wrigley's
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 February 2009 12:59PM
LONDON - Wrigley's Extra is supporting its sponsorship of the Barclays Premier League with a print campaign in football match programmes that recreates classic moments from added time in matches.
Created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, the campaign looks to link the tension relief benefit of chewing gum to the most tense moment of a football match: the added time at the end.
The 11 tailored ads, in the match programmes of clubs including Liverpool, Everton, Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur, are art directed the style of old football programmes, and try to inspire fans to relive classic moments with copy that describes them.
Ads provide a link to a microsite (www.extra90plus.com), which carries clips of classic moments from Premier League matches and further stats and information. This will also be supported by an online banner campaign and in-stadia media.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Marketing Manager - Major Retail Brand /Category Leader Major Players £55000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure