AMV BBDO creates football-themed campaign for Wrigley's
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 February 2009 12:59PM
LONDON - Wrigley's Extra is supporting its sponsorship of the Barclays Premier League with a print campaign in football match programmes that recreates classic moments from added time in matches.
Created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, the campaign looks to link the tension relief benefit of chewing gum to the most tense moment of a football match: the added time at the end.
The 11 tailored ads, in the match programmes of clubs including Liverpool, Everton, Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur, are art directed the style of old football programmes, and try to inspire fans to relive classic moments with copy that describes them.
Ads provide a link to a microsite (www.extra90plus.com), which carries clips of classic moments from Premier League matches and further stats and information. This will also be supported by an online banner campaign and in-stadia media.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Marketing, Beauty Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £100000 per annum, London
- Client Services/ Head of Commercial/ Business Development Premier Media £45000 - £55000 per annum + up to 20% bonus, London
- Digital Producer - Games Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 Per Annum, London
- Sales and Marketing Manager Stopgap £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Head of SEO Ultimate Asset £50000 - £65000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- John Lewis Christmas ad gets three times more views than Sainsbury's in first 24 hours
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Watch: Ant and Dec star in Morrisons' festive campaign
- DigitasLBi is on hunt for new media leader as Ling exits
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK