YouTube hires ITV marketer Anna Bateson
By Sarah Johnson, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 17 February 2009 12:10PM
LONDON - YouTube has appointed ITV marketer Anna Bateson as its European marketing director.
Bateson, who was director of viewer marketing at ITV, has been replaced at the broad-caster by Freeview marketing director Rob Farmer.
Due to start work at the online-video sharing site in May, Bateson will be responsible for developing the YouTube brand in the UK and across Europe, as well as assisting in its commercialisation.
Her appointment follows the departure of the head of YouTube UK Jonathan Gillespie, who left the company last month to join GMG Radio as commercial director. Bateson's role will incorporate much of his remit.
Before he left YouTube, Gillespie had been overseeing new ad formats for the site's homepage. YouTube already offers incentives for agencies to run video ads and has rolled out limited test campaigns with brands. A series of homepage ad offers has been piloted, including an expandable, click-to-play masthead and 30--second auto-roll ads.
In January, YouTube launched an IPTV channel on Virgin Media and Sky Anytime to raise brand awareness.
It also recently tied up with Barclaycard to run a competition inviting YouTube users to create and film a model of a working waterslide, in reference to the credit card brand's latest ad campaign.
The films will be posted on YouTube, where viewers will be able to vote for their favourite clips.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Retail Marketing Manager Hill's Pet Nutrition c/o SmithCarey Ltd Competitive salary + Bonus + Car + Benefits, South East England
- Senior Account Executive | Ã‚£25,000 | Automotive Dynamic New Alliances Ã‚£22000.00 - Ã‚£25000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits , City of London
- Junior Digital Designer Gemini Search Ã‚£20000.00 - Ã‚£25000 per annum, London
- Middle-Weight Digital Designer Gemini Search Ã‚£30000.00 - Ã‚£40000 per annum, London
- Social & Content Account Manager - Travel - London Major Players Ã‚£27000 - Ã‚£33000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- King backs new Candy Crush game with global ad push
- Campaign Viral Chart: Sainsbury's Christmas ad tops the table
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton