Activision Blizzard launches £150m global review
LONDON - Activision Blizzard, the Vivendi-owned video game publisher, has launched a review of its £150m global media planning and buying account, currently handled by Starcom MediaVest Group.
The pitch, which includes online and offline briefs, is being run from the US and incorporates the £3m media planning and buying business in the UK.
A Starcom spokesman confirmed the review and said the agency network is repitching for the business.
Activision Blizzard was officially formed in April 2008 after the EU Competition Commission cleared Vivendi Games to take a controlling stake in Activision.
The company claims to be the market leader in the pure-play gaming world, responsible for the multiplayer online game World of Warcraft and the 2008 hit Guitar Hero.
The Santa Monica-based company reported record revenues in excess of $5bn last year, despite a sluggish fourth quarter.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sub-Editor Creative Recruitment £100 - £125 per day, West London
- Digital Media Manager - Entertainment Client - Client Side Ultimate Asset £27000 - £35000 per annum + Great Benefits Package , West End
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media