Marks & Spencer undercuts Boots' meal deal with £2 offer
By Miranda Fitzgerald, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 03 March 2009 08:30AM
LONDON - Marks & Spencer has launched a £2 meal deal to rival Boots' long-running offer, which is almost a third more expensive.
It is offering its customers a sandwich, packet of crisps and a drink for £2 from a limited product range and a select number of stores until the 13 April. The deal is being advertised in all editions of the Metro this week.
The upmarket retailer has avoided heavy discounting and instead run a number of tactical promotions, such as its highly successful M&S' 'Dine in for £10' offer, which offers customers two main courses, a dessert and a bottle of wine for £10.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand & Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Senior Account Director/Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £48000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads