Marks & Spencer undercuts Boots' meal deal with £2 offer
By Miranda Fitzgerald, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 03 March 2009 08:30AM
LONDON - Marks & Spencer has launched a £2 meal deal to rival Boots' long-running offer, which is almost a third more expensive.
It is offering its customers a sandwich, packet of crisps and a drink for £2 from a limited product range and a select number of stores until the 13 April. The deal is being advertised in all editions of the Metro this week.
The upmarket retailer has avoided heavy discounting and instead run a number of tactical promotions, such as its highly successful M&S' 'Dine in for £10' offer, which offers customers two main courses, a dessert and a bottle of wine for £10.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency