Marks & Spencer undercuts Boots' meal deal with £2 offer
By Miranda Fitzgerald, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 03 March 2009 08:30AM
LONDON - Marks & Spencer has launched a £2 meal deal to rival Boots' long-running offer, which is almost a third more expensive.
It is offering its customers a sandwich, packet of crisps and a drink for £2 from a limited product range and a select number of stores until the 13 April. The deal is being advertised in all editions of the Metro this week.
The upmarket retailer has avoided heavy discounting and instead run a number of tactical promotions, such as its highly successful M&S' 'Dine in for £10' offer, which offers customers two main courses, a dessert and a bottle of wine for £10.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated / Retail - Excellent agency - to 32k Fill Recruitment £28k - £32k, plus superb benefits and bonus opps, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Direct Marketing [Charity] - Superb London Agency - £28k - £32k Fill Recruitment £28k - £32k, plus benefits., London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director - INTEGRATED / Retail - £60k - £65k plus bonus. Fill Recruitment £60k - £65k plus superb benefits and bonus, London
- Business Director (CRM and Data) Direct Recruitment £75K-£85K, London (Central), London (Greater)