Marks & Spencer undercuts Boots' meal deal with £2 offer
By Miranda Fitzgerald, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 03 March 2009 08:30AM
LONDON - Marks & Spencer has launched a £2 meal deal to rival Boots' long-running offer, which is almost a third more expensive.
It is offering its customers a sandwich, packet of crisps and a drink for £2 from a limited product range and a select number of stores until the 13 April. The deal is being advertised in all editions of the Metro this week.
The upmarket retailer has avoided heavy discounting and instead run a number of tactical promotions, such as its highly successful M&S' 'Dine in for £10' offer, which offers customers two main courses, a dessert and a bottle of wine for £10.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Recruitment Consultant - Competitive Package - Farringdon EC1 Fill Recruitment Good and dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director- Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £45k - £52k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director- Direct Marketing Spectrum 360 Recruitment £50k - £58k, London (Central), London (Greater)