Marks & Spencer undercuts Boots' meal deal with £2 offer
By Miranda Fitzgerald, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 03 March 2009 08:30AM
LONDON - Marks & Spencer has launched a £2 meal deal to rival Boots' long-running offer, which is almost a third more expensive.
It is offering its customers a sandwich, packet of crisps and a drink for £2 from a limited product range and a select number of stores until the 13 April. The deal is being advertised in all editions of the Metro this week.
The upmarket retailer has avoided heavy discounting and instead run a number of tactical promotions, such as its highly successful M&S' 'Dine in for £10' offer, which offers customers two main courses, a dessert and a bottle of wine for £10.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ASPIRING ACCOUNT EXECUTIVES, SKILLED ACCOUNT MANAGERS & ACCOMPL Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- Planning Director, £100k - £120k (could be more). Leading top 10 ATL / Advertising Agency MODA consult £100k - £120k, possibly more for the right candidate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned