Top ad and media agencies
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 February 2009 12:00AM
View league tables and analysis of the top creative and media agencies, as well as global communications groups, ranked by billings.
Back in the heady days of September 2007, Carat was forecasting that global advertising expenditure would increase in 2008 by 6.2 per cent and that growth in the UK market would be 5.9 per cent.
ZenithOptimedia was even more enthusiastic, predicting global growth of 6.7 per cent.
Now, with the benefit of hindsight, we are looking back on a year in which billings actually declined and the entire industry seems to have sunk into mental depression.
According to the latest figures from The Nielsen Company, the top 100 UK creative agencies suffered an overall fall in billings in 2008 of 7.4 per cent, while the top 50 UK media agencies saw their billings fall by 5 per cent.
And this in a year when things were going well until the third quarter.
ZenithOptimedia's earlier enthusiasm must have been dampened when it discovered it had lost market share in 2008 after suffering a 15 per cent drop in its own media billings.
However, Carat's forecasting credibility was preserved, at least in relation to its own performance, as it boasted a 6.5 per cent increase in 2008 billings.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UK Marketing Communications Adam Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Manchester
- Associate Marketing Director (Global Education) - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Chichester, West Sussex
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- The man who made Grey matter