Top 30 regional advertising agencies 2009
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 February 2009 12:00AM
The top UK advertising agencies based outside of London.
As direct marketing agencies have embraced other disciplines, many have become more akin to the type of integrated agency that serves regional clients.
Many regional agencies grew on the back of business-to-business clients and invariably rely on a multi-disciplined execution.
Relationships with regional agencies can be more lasting and, in 2008, the overall level of billings by regional creative agencies remained almost static.
But within that average were some surprisingly wide extremes.
The relatively recently established Newcastle agency Drummond Central boosted billings by 138 per cent to a still relatively modest £5.9 million.
The biggest regional players such as Uber Agency in Sheffield and WFCA in Tunbridge Wells achieved more modest growth, while at the smaller end,
The Leith Agency in Edinburgh saw billings drop by 37 per cent to £5.2 million.
Few regional agencies have their roots in engineering these days, but those that do are most likely to feel the knock-on effect of tightening credit on their clients or the ultimate consumer.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE / CONTRACT Royds Raphael £170 - £200 day rate / c£38k-£42k pro rata, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £18000.00 - £22000.00 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Blue Tree Recruits £30,000 - £35,000, Guildford, Surrey
- Account Director Blue Tree Recruits £40,000 - £50,000, Central London
- Junior Artworker Blue Tree Recruits £18,000 plus benefits , Theale, Reading
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts