Top 30 regional advertising agencies 2009
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 February 2009 12:00AM
The top UK advertising agencies based outside of London.
As direct marketing agencies have embraced other disciplines, many have become more akin to the type of integrated agency that serves regional clients.
Many regional agencies grew on the back of business-to-business clients and invariably rely on a multi-disciplined execution.
Relationships with regional agencies can be more lasting and, in 2008, the overall level of billings by regional creative agencies remained almost static.
But within that average were some surprisingly wide extremes.
The relatively recently established Newcastle agency Drummond Central boosted billings by 138 per cent to a still relatively modest £5.9 million.
The biggest regional players such as Uber Agency in Sheffield and WFCA in Tunbridge Wells achieved more modest growth, while at the smaller end,
The Leith Agency in Edinburgh saw billings drop by 37 per cent to £5.2 million.
Few regional agencies have their roots in engineering these days, but those that do are most likely to feel the knock-on effect of tightening credit on their clients or the ultimate consumer.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Agency - London Major Players £40000 - £45000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Account Manager Major Players £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - AGENCY - BERKSHIRE - £32-40K Salt £32000 - £40000 per annum + BENEFITS, Berkshire
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad
- Triumph launches Magic Wire bra with Twitter search for women's niggles
- Publicis unveils innovation concept