Avis appoints Acknowledgement and Web Liquid to pan-Euro DM business
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 March 2009 02:30PM
LONDON - Avis has appointed Acknowledgement and Web Liquid to handle its consolidated direct marketing account.
The car rental service appointed the agencies to the business following a pitch against Rapp and incumbents McCann Erickson.
The agencies will be responsible for developing Avis' 2009 pan-European campaigns across 13 markets, including the UK.
Acknowledgement will develop and execute the creative strategy, with Web Liquid leading the media strategy, planning and buying.
The campaigns will position Avis as a value for money, premium car rental option.
Web Liquid already handles affiliate marketing for Avis.
In July last year, the agency created a viral-based competition to celebrate the brand's partnership with Silverstone, which gave consumers the chance to win VIP tickets to the 2008 Formula One Santander British Grand Prix.
Nicola Stone, retail marketing manager for Avis Europe, said: "The proposition offered by partnering with Web Liquid and Acknowledgement promises to deliver the best optimisation of Avis' Pan-European direct marketing strengths for 2009 onwards "
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Executive - London - £20k Fill Recruitment £20,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Executive AF Selection £18,000 - £20,000, Warwickshire
- PPC Manager - Fab Agency GoodEgg Digital Circa £40k + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Specialist Stopgap £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Viacom pulls plug on C5 sales: more than 90 jobs to go
- Battersea's digital dog 'follows' shoppers in outdoor campaign
- Pedigree launches global 'feed the good' campaign with BBDO
- Carlsberg spoofs 'beach body ready' ad
- Feminazi: 'the lazy go-to slur'
- Jobs at risk at Weve as O2 buys out Vodafone and EE