Avis appoints Acknowledgement and Web Liquid to pan-Euro DM business
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 March 2009 02:30PM
LONDON - Avis has appointed Acknowledgement and Web Liquid to handle its consolidated direct marketing account.
The car rental service appointed the agencies to the business following a pitch against Rapp and incumbents McCann Erickson.
The agencies will be responsible for developing Avis' 2009 pan-European campaigns across 13 markets, including the UK.
Acknowledgement will develop and execute the creative strategy, with Web Liquid leading the media strategy, planning and buying.
The campaigns will position Avis as a value for money, premium car rental option.
Web Liquid already handles affiliate marketing for Avis.
In July last year, the agency created a viral-based competition to celebrate the brand's partnership with Silverstone, which gave consumers the chance to win VIP tickets to the 2008 Formula One Santander British Grand Prix.
Nicola Stone, retail marketing manager for Avis Europe, said: "The proposition offered by partnering with Web Liquid and Acknowledgement promises to deliver the best optimisation of Avis' Pan-European direct marketing strengths for 2009 onwards "
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior PPC Manager Direct Recruitment £27,000 -£33,000, London
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £35,000 - £39,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch