Avis appoints Acknowledgement and Web Liquid to pan-Euro DM business
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 March 2009 02:30PM
LONDON - Avis has appointed Acknowledgement and Web Liquid to handle its consolidated direct marketing account.
The car rental service appointed the agencies to the business following a pitch against Rapp and incumbents McCann Erickson.
The agencies will be responsible for developing Avis' 2009 pan-European campaigns across 13 markets, including the UK.
Acknowledgement will develop and execute the creative strategy, with Web Liquid leading the media strategy, planning and buying.
The campaigns will position Avis as a value for money, premium car rental option.
Web Liquid already handles affiliate marketing for Avis.
In July last year, the agency created a viral-based competition to celebrate the brand's partnership with Silverstone, which gave consumers the chance to win VIP tickets to the 2008 Formula One Santander British Grand Prix.
Nicola Stone, retail marketing manager for Avis Europe, said: "The proposition offered by partnering with Web Liquid and Acknowledgement promises to deliver the best optimisation of Avis' Pan-European direct marketing strengths for 2009 onwards "
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Brand Recruitment £19000 - £25000 per annum, Aylesbury
- Account Executive Major Players £22000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad