Davidson and Papworth made partners at Wieden & Kennedy
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 17 March 2009 09:40AM
LONDON - Tony Davidson and Kim Papworth, the Wieden & Kennedy London executive creative directors, have been made partners of the global Wieden & Kennedy network.
The creative team joins the other global partners, including Dan Wieden, the chief executive officer, Dave Luhr, the chief operating officer, Susan Hoffman and John Jay, the executive creative directors, and Bill Davenport, the executive producer.
Davidson and Papworth are the first partners to be appointed from outside Wieden & Kennedy's Portland headquarters and the first appointments to the global board since the addition of Jay in 1996.
Wieden said: "If you want to be a partner at Wieden & Kennedy, you've got to be some kind of saint and some kind of crazy.
"No-one exemplifies that more profoundly than Tony and Kim. They have raised the bar, broken rules, lifted hearts and shocked the world.
"There is no office, anywhere, more loved and respected than Wieden & Kennedy London."
Davidson and Papworth have been responsible for a number of award-winning campaigns since they joined the agency in 2000, most notably the Honda "power of dreams" spot, which netted two black D&AD Pencils and the Grand Prix at Cannes.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Advertising Sales Manager / Senior Advertising Exec - London Salt £25000 - £30000 per annum + COMMISSION , London
- Senior Marketing Executive - Seiko UK Ltd. Ball & Hoolahan Not Disclosed, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers