MPs demand ASA put at heart of 'greenwash' policing
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 23 March 2009 09:30AM
LONDON - MPs today recommended giving the ASA more training and powers to help police 'greenwashing' claims by advertisers.
The House of Commons environmental audit committee today released a report after investigating misleading environmental claims.
It called for the government to examine the case for a universal labelling scheme, as well as calling for the ASA to be given adequate powers.
It said: "(The Government) should provide Trading Standards and the ASA with the training, resources, powers and sanctions required to review all instances of dubious environmental claims."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager The Beautiful Meme £25k to £30k, East London
- Group Head - Global Internet Giant Ultimate Asset £55000 - £70000 per annum + bonus and incredible benefits , London
- Media Planner/Buyer required to work on Fashion/Retail Brands Ultimate Asset £24000 - £28000 per annum + great benefits package, London