MPs demand ASA put at heart of 'greenwash' policing
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 23 March 2009 09:30AM
LONDON - MPs today recommended giving the ASA more training and powers to help police 'greenwashing' claims by advertisers.
The House of Commons environmental audit committee today released a report after investigating misleading environmental claims.
It called for the government to examine the case for a universal labelling scheme, as well as calling for the ASA to be given adequate powers.
It said: "(The Government) should provide Trading Standards and the ASA with the training, resources, powers and sanctions required to review all instances of dubious environmental claims."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands
- Senior Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)