MPs demand ASA put at heart of 'greenwash' policing
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 23 March 2009 09:30AM
LONDON - MPs today recommended giving the ASA more training and powers to help police 'greenwashing' claims by advertisers.
The House of Commons environmental audit committee today released a report after investigating misleading environmental claims.
It called for the government to examine the case for a universal labelling scheme, as well as calling for the ASA to be given adequate powers.
It said: "(The Government) should provide Trading Standards and the ASA with the training, resources, powers and sanctions required to review all instances of dubious environmental claims."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER ADVERTISING AGENCY Barker Graves £30K, london
- Senior Account Manager - Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £32k - £35k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Trade Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Assistant Ball & Hoolahan £21,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BBC social media manager calls for brands to add value
- Dave Trott: Great advertising isn't just gimmicks
- Johnny Fearless closes after client departure
- WPP launches Xaxis Audio with Global
- Google aims to hold brands' hands with 'programmatic playbook'
- Manning Gottlieb OMD, MediaCom and PHD head shortlist for 2015 Thinkbox TV Planning Awards