MPs demand ASA put at heart of 'greenwash' policing
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 23 March 2009 09:30AM
LONDON - MPs today recommended giving the ASA more training and powers to help police 'greenwashing' claims by advertisers.
The House of Commons environmental audit committee today released a report after investigating misleading environmental claims.
It called for the government to examine the case for a universal labelling scheme, as well as calling for the ASA to be given adequate powers.
It said: "(The Government) should provide Trading Standards and the ASA with the training, resources, powers and sanctions required to review all instances of dubious environmental claims."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £26000 per annum, Gloucestershire
- Retail Marketing Controller- Automotive Manufacturer Copeland Select £Completive +car +benefits , Hertfordshire
- Dealer Marketing Consultant, Automotive Copeland Select Mid £20,000s, London
- Head of Marketing - Brand and Insight EMR £90000 - £100000 per annum + Competitive, City of London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show