MPs demand ASA put at heart of 'greenwash' policing
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 23 March 2009 09:30AM
LONDON - MPs today recommended giving the ASA more training and powers to help police 'greenwashing' claims by advertisers.
The House of Commons environmental audit committee today released a report after investigating misleading environmental claims.
It called for the government to examine the case for a universal labelling scheme, as well as calling for the ASA to be given adequate powers.
It said: "(The Government) should provide Trading Standards and the ASA with the training, resources, powers and sanctions required to review all instances of dubious environmental claims."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of Creative Partnerships Communicorp UK Dependent on experience, Our head office is Manchester but you can be based at any of our stations.
- Retail Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Birmingham
- Digital Planner / Buyer - Client Side Aspire £150 - £200 per day, London
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again