Wieden & Kennedy founder Dan Wieden wins Clio award
By Caroline Lovell, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 30 March 2009 09:50AM
LONDON - Dan Wieden, the co-founder and chief executive of Wieden & Kennedy, will be presented with a Clio Lifetime Achievement Award in May.
Wieden will be presented with the award on 13 May at the Clio Awards, which celebrates its 50th anniversary this year.
Wayne Youkhana, the director of the Clio Awards, said: "Clio is honoured to present Dan Wieden with the Lifetime Achievement Award.
"He truly embodies the essence of a strong, committed leader, one who has made significant fundamental and progressive contributions for his clients and the industry.
Youkhana added: "Dan’s contributions and pioneering spirit have certainly made a lasting impact on those who not only have had the pleasure to work with him, but the ad industry as a whole."
Wieden started his career in 1982 at an advertising agency in Portland, Oregon, with his partner David Kennedy.
The pair later founded Wieden & Kennedy in the same city with one client: Nike.
Wieden said: "It is a great, great honour. And I am forever thankful.
"That said, I feel like a thief. This award rightfully belongs to that humming mass of brains and hearts at Wieden & Kennedy that built this network, office by office, day by day, job by job. They take my breath away."
The Clio Awards will take place at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas between 12-14 May.
The festival will also include four award shows: the Moving Image Awards, the Emerging Media Awards, the Communications Awards and the Design Awards.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Publicity Manager Stopgap £47000 per annum + 12 month FTC, London
- Account Manager and Senior Account Manager air recruitment £32k - £38k dependent on your experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Domino's Pizza launches TV ad for cheese and smokey bacon stuffed crust