Wieden & Kennedy founder Dan Wieden wins Clio award
By Caroline Lovell, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 30 March 2009 09:50AM
LONDON - Dan Wieden, the co-founder and chief executive of Wieden & Kennedy, will be presented with a Clio Lifetime Achievement Award in May.
Wieden will be presented with the award on 13 May at the Clio Awards, which celebrates its 50th anniversary this year.
Wayne Youkhana, the director of the Clio Awards, said: "Clio is honoured to present Dan Wieden with the Lifetime Achievement Award.
"He truly embodies the essence of a strong, committed leader, one who has made significant fundamental and progressive contributions for his clients and the industry.
Youkhana added: "Dan’s contributions and pioneering spirit have certainly made a lasting impact on those who not only have had the pleasure to work with him, but the ad industry as a whole."
Wieden started his career in 1982 at an advertising agency in Portland, Oregon, with his partner David Kennedy.
The pair later founded Wieden & Kennedy in the same city with one client: Nike.
Wieden said: "It is a great, great honour. And I am forever thankful.
"That said, I feel like a thief. This award rightfully belongs to that humming mass of brains and hearts at Wieden & Kennedy that built this network, office by office, day by day, job by job. They take my breath away."
The Clio Awards will take place at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas between 12-14 May.
The festival will also include four award shows: the Moving Image Awards, the Emerging Media Awards, the Communications Awards and the Design Awards.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- European Marketing Co-ordinator Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, Rugby
- Global Head of Trading-South Africa Lipton Fleming £90000 per annum + benefits, Johannesburg
- MW ARt Director Red Sofa London £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- SEO Executive - Award Winning Digital Marketing Agency ADLIB competitive, Oxford
- Junior Marketing FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £23000 - £28000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?