Simpsons spoof viral of Adidas ad airs on TV
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 April 2009 09:45AM
LONDON - A Simpsons spoof viral of the Adidas "house party" ad launched on UK TV this week, after Adidas decided to run its own spot alongside the take-off.
The viral, promoting Sky1's 20-year partnership with The Simpsons, features clips of the cartoon characters partying to the song Begin by Madcon, which is used in the original ad. The spoof was created in-house.
Shots of the Simpsons playing instruments, dancing and swimming, bear striking similarities to the shots from the original spot, in which celebrities including David Beckham, Missy Elliott and Katie Perry celebrate at a raucous house party.
Since the spoof gained a significant online following, Adidas has decided to partner with Sky requesting that it run the spoof on TV alongside its original "house party" spot, which was created by Sid Lee.
The double ad broke during Sky1's showing of 24 this week, and it is understood that Sky will run the pair of ads again this weekend.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director / Junior Account Director - [Shopper / Broadcast] - Superb agency! Fill Recruitment Ltd to £45k plus exciting benefits, London
- Qualitative Research Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + car allowance, bonus, London
- Insight Executive/Manager, FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £23000.00 - £28000.00 per annum, London
- Category Insight Manager, FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £33000 - £38000 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity