Simpsons spoof viral of Adidas ad airs on TV
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 April 2009 09:45AM
LONDON - A Simpsons spoof viral of the Adidas "house party" ad launched on UK TV this week, after Adidas decided to run its own spot alongside the take-off.
The viral, promoting Sky1's 20-year partnership with The Simpsons, features clips of the cartoon characters partying to the song Begin by Madcon, which is used in the original ad. The spoof was created in-house.
Shots of the Simpsons playing instruments, dancing and swimming, bear striking similarities to the shots from the original spot, in which celebrities including David Beckham, Missy Elliott and Katie Perry celebrate at a raucous house party.
Since the spoof gained a significant online following, Adidas has decided to partner with Sky requesting that it run the spoof on TV alongside its original "house party" spot, which was created by Sid Lee.
The double ad broke during Sky1's showing of 24 this week, and it is understood that Sky will run the pair of ads again this weekend.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- User Experience / User Interface (UX/UI) Designer Harnham £40000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus & excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester