Comparethemarket uses Twitter to invite public to star in ads
By Jacquie Bowser, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 April 2009 09:45AM
LONDON - Comparethemarket.com is taking its ad campaign a step further by using the Twitter account of its mascot, the Russian meerkat Aleksandr Orlov, to invite users to appear in testimonial ads on his website.
Orlov, the cravat-wearing owner of Comparethemeerkat.com -- a site for comparing meerkats, yesterday asked Twitter users if they would like to appear on a testimonial page on his website.
Users were told they may appear on his website if they provide their full name, a photo and a quote about 'how they like Comparethemeerkat.com', before midday today, April 1.
Orlov wrote on his Twitter page: 'Would you like to appear on my new comparethemeerkat.com website? I am make testimonial page where peoples can say how they like the business. If you are interest, tell me yes and I will tell you more!'
'Thanking for interest! I need 3 things: a quote about how you like comparethemeerkat.com, full name and picture of your face (via The Twitpic). If I get these things before middle of day on Wednesday April 1st you maybe feature on website! Many thanks for helps.
'Sergei has ask me to say that your comments, full name and face may appear on comparethemeerkat.com but won't be used for any other purpose. Please be noting that comments will be publish on website at my discretion.'
This latest Twitter activity follows Orlov's TV ad, created by VCCP, which features the meerkat begging consumers to stop visiting his site when they are looking for great deals on car insurance.
The Russian meerkat has over 10,000 followers on Twitter and is also a member of Facebook.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Performance Manager Aspire £30000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Business Director Dot-Gap £70k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief