Comparethemarket uses Twitter to invite public to star in ads
By Jacquie Bowser, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 April 2009 09:45AM
LONDON - Comparethemarket.com is taking its ad campaign a step further by using the Twitter account of its mascot, the Russian meerkat Aleksandr Orlov, to invite users to appear in testimonial ads on his website.
Orlov, the cravat-wearing owner of Comparethemeerkat.com -- a site for comparing meerkats, yesterday asked Twitter users if they would like to appear on a testimonial page on his website.
Users were told they may appear on his website if they provide their full name, a photo and a quote about 'how they like Comparethemeerkat.com', before midday today, April 1.
Orlov wrote on his Twitter page: 'Would you like to appear on my new comparethemeerkat.com website? I am make testimonial page where peoples can say how they like the business. If you are interest, tell me yes and I will tell you more!'
'Thanking for interest! I need 3 things: a quote about how you like comparethemeerkat.com, full name and picture of your face (via The Twitpic). If I get these things before middle of day on Wednesday April 1st you maybe feature on website! Many thanks for helps.
'Sergei has ask me to say that your comments, full name and face may appear on comparethemeerkat.com but won't be used for any other purpose. Please be noting that comments will be publish on website at my discretion.'
This latest Twitter activity follows Orlov's TV ad, created by VCCP, which features the meerkat begging consumers to stop visiting his site when they are looking for great deals on car insurance.
The Russian meerkat has over 10,000 followers on Twitter and is also a member of Facebook.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + c/a, South East England
- Senior Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + car or c/a, London (Greater)
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham