Agencies line up for £10 million Subway pitch
By Caroline Lovell, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 02 April 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - Subway, the global submarine sandwich franchise, has called a review of its £10 million in-tegrated advertising account through the AAR.
An RFI was sent to agency groups and integrated agencies on Tuesday. The account will involve a mixture of national television and press campaigns plus regional campaigns and in-store activity.
Subway is understood to be considering a change to its advertising strategy.
The successful agency will review its advertising message, examine its competitors and look at how to increase footfall through the door.
The incumbent, the Glasgow-based agency Frame, will repitch for the business. It has handled the account since 2005.
Frame won the regional business (for the Yorkshire and Granada regions) in July 2005, and was appointed to the national account in September of the same year.
The Subway franchises currently pay a percentage of their turnover into a communications fund, which is split on a regional and national basis. Separate regional and national boards then decide how to spend the funds.
Keith Bolton, the managing director of Frame, which developed the "Sub of the day" concept in 2006, said: "We are on board with them all the way, we love Subway. It's an account we've grown up with."
Alex Cacouris, Subway's head of marketing, said: "Subway has enjoyed phenomenal growth, particularly over the past three years.
"It's now time to review our broadcast communication as we enter the next exciting stage of development in the UK and Ireland."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- SINGAPORE - ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - TECH CLIENTS - TOP MEDIA AGENCY! Ultimate Asset £55000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus + benefits, Singapore
- McDonald's 10 best UK ads
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- Campaign Viral Chart: Busta Rhymes features in Toyota rap ad
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Magazine ABCs: a media agency viewpoint
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders