AKQA launches digital marketing division
By Jacquie Bowser, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 02 April 2009 03:00PM
LONDON - AKQA has created a new division that will provide planning and buying services, as well as analytics and search engine optimisation.
The division, called AKQA Media, Search & Analytics, has launched in the UK and US, aiming to provide clients with end-to-end digital marketing.
It is made up of more than 75 employees and will be led by general manager Scott Symonds, who was previously executive media director.
Symonds said: "Clients are constantly confronted with fragmented creative, media and search plans that leak opportunity and ultimately ROI.
"We believe that especially in the interactive space, the more closely all the contributing aspects of a campaign can communicate with one another, the better the end result will be."
Separately, Neil Eatson has been named head of media and search in the UK and will report into Symonds.
Eatson brings 11 years of digital media experience and was previously at Zed Media, working on L'Oréal, BMW and Lloyds TSB.
AKQA has previously launched dedicated business units such as AKQA Mobile, which set up shop in 2006. AKQA Search was launched in 2007 and last year AKQA Film was established to produce online video and creative content.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London
- planner > HUGE opportunity > BRAVE client collectivo Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Foodie Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham