Media.Com to close as WPP agency launches new division
LONDON - MediaCom is set to close its digital media division Media.Com and launch a new division, MediaCom Beyond Advertising, to house all its non-traditional marketing activities.
The new division will be led by Kirsti Wilson, currently managing director of Media.Com, and digital director Stefan Bardega, who has been acting managing director at the digital division during Wilson's maternity leave.
The move by the UK's biggest media agency is said to be a reflection of the growth surrounding non traditional advertising opportunities, while confirming the position of digital at the heart of the agency's future.
In addition, the agency has overhauled all of its buying operations by consolidating its seven trading teams - TV, regional press, national press, outdoor, radio, cinema and online - into a single investment floor, led by Claudine Collins and Steve Bignell.
The restructure, announced to staff last Friday (3 April), has been masterminded by MediaCom's chief executive Jane Ratcliffe and chief strategy officer Sue Unerman.
Ratcliffe called the changes, a "natural evolution" in the Age of Dialogue, the term the agency uses to identify changes to the consumer and media landscape. She added: "To silo digital is clearly not the future."
The MediaCom Beyond Advertising division will help create, manage and deliver content, with activities ranging from gaming and widgets, to word-of-mouth, SEO and social networking.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Planner Buyer - Revolutionary Media Agency!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London
- Marketing Manager Dot-Gap £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief