Media.Com to close as WPP agency launches new division
LONDON - MediaCom is set to close its digital media division Media.Com and launch a new division, MediaCom Beyond Advertising, to house all its non-traditional marketing activities.
The new division will be led by Kirsti Wilson, currently managing director of Media.Com, and digital director Stefan Bardega, who has been acting managing director at the digital division during Wilson's maternity leave.
The move by the UK's biggest media agency is said to be a reflection of the growth surrounding non traditional advertising opportunities, while confirming the position of digital at the heart of the agency's future.
In addition, the agency has overhauled all of its buying operations by consolidating its seven trading teams - TV, regional press, national press, outdoor, radio, cinema and online - into a single investment floor, led by Claudine Collins and Steve Bignell.
The restructure, announced to staff last Friday (3 April), has been masterminded by MediaCom's chief executive Jane Ratcliffe and chief strategy officer Sue Unerman.
Ratcliffe called the changes, a "natural evolution" in the Age of Dialogue, the term the agency uses to identify changes to the consumer and media landscape. She added: "To silo digital is clearly not the future."
The MediaCom Beyond Advertising division will help create, manage and deliver content, with activities ranging from gaming and widgets, to word-of-mouth, SEO and social networking.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £45k - £55k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad