Cristiano Ronaldo signs up as global ambassador for Castrol
By Ed Kemp, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 17 April 2009 01:00AM
LONDON - Reigning FIFA World Footballer of the Year, Cristiano Ronaldo, has today become the global ambassador for lubricants company Castrol.
The Portugal and Manchester United star has agreed a two-year deal with Castrol, which was a sponsor of UEFA Euro 2008 and is a partner for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
Ronaldo will now front a series of marketing campaigns to promote Castrol's premium oil brands, Castrol EDGE and Castrol Power 1.
The player is also sponsored by Nike. Last year, Ronaldo featured in a viral ad campaign in which he raced a Bugatti Veyron to promote the launch of the Nike Mercurial Vapor IV football boot.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Designer 20-35k London - Advertising Tech Company Creative Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- senior account director > RETAIL > GLOBAL AGENCY collectivo Salary confidential, London
- social media account manager > DRINKS BRAND collectivo to £25-30k + amazing bens, London
- Press Investment Senior Exec Aspire £25000.00 - £34000.00 per annum, London
- Group Marketing Manager - Leading Media Business ADLIB £30000 - £40000 per annum, Bath
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham