Cristiano Ronaldo signs up as global ambassador for Castrol
By Ed Kemp, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 17 April 2009 01:00AM
LONDON - Reigning FIFA World Footballer of the Year, Cristiano Ronaldo, has today become the global ambassador for lubricants company Castrol.
The Portugal and Manchester United star has agreed a two-year deal with Castrol, which was a sponsor of UEFA Euro 2008 and is a partner for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
Ronaldo will now front a series of marketing campaigns to promote Castrol's premium oil brands, Castrol EDGE and Castrol Power 1.
The player is also sponsored by Nike. Last year, Ronaldo featured in a viral ad campaign in which he raced a Bugatti Veyron to promote the launch of the Nike Mercurial Vapor IV football boot.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Designer - Client Side - Confectionary Products - London Twist Recruitment £30000 - £46000 per annum + benefits , City of London
- 2D Design Director - Retail Brand Agency - East London Twist Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits , East London
- Freelance - Senior Conceptual Packaging Designer - Tobacco Twist Recruitment £250 - £350 per day, East London
- Marketing Communications Manager Premier Consultants c.£45k plus excellent bonus, Guildford, Surrey
- Head Of E-Commerce Premier Consultants c.£65k plus car allowance & bonus, North West England