Cristiano Ronaldo signs up as global ambassador for Castrol
By Ed Kemp, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 17 April 2009 01:00AM
LONDON - Reigning FIFA World Footballer of the Year, Cristiano Ronaldo, has today become the global ambassador for lubricants company Castrol.
The Portugal and Manchester United star has agreed a two-year deal with Castrol, which was a sponsor of UEFA Euro 2008 and is a partner for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
Ronaldo will now front a series of marketing campaigns to promote Castrol's premium oil brands, Castrol EDGE and Castrol Power 1.
The player is also sponsored by Nike. Last year, Ronaldo featured in a viral ad campaign in which he raced a Bugatti Veyron to promote the launch of the Nike Mercurial Vapor IV football boot.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager JV Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Greater Manchester
- Consumer Retention Manager (CRM) - Client-side Silverdrum circa £50,000 + bonus, London (Greater)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up