Cristiano Ronaldo signs up as global ambassador for Castrol
By Ed Kemp, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 17 April 2009 01:00AM
LONDON - Reigning FIFA World Footballer of the Year, Cristiano Ronaldo, has today become the global ambassador for lubricants company Castrol.
The Portugal and Manchester United star has agreed a two-year deal with Castrol, which was a sponsor of UEFA Euro 2008 and is a partner for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
Ronaldo will now front a series of marketing campaigns to promote Castrol's premium oil brands, Castrol EDGE and Castrol Power 1.
The player is also sponsored by Nike. Last year, Ronaldo featured in a viral ad campaign in which he raced a Bugatti Veyron to promote the launch of the Nike Mercurial Vapor IV football boot.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Specialist Stopgap £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Account Manager- Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £30k - £33k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Global Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + Car Allowance, South East England