Cristiano Ronaldo signs up as global ambassador for Castrol
By Ed Kemp, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 17 April 2009 01:00AM
LONDON - Reigning FIFA World Footballer of the Year, Cristiano Ronaldo, has today become the global ambassador for lubricants company Castrol.
The Portugal and Manchester United star has agreed a two-year deal with Castrol, which was a sponsor of UEFA Euro 2008 and is a partner for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
Ronaldo will now front a series of marketing campaigns to promote Castrol's premium oil brands, Castrol EDGE and Castrol Power 1.
The player is also sponsored by Nike. Last year, Ronaldo featured in a viral ad campaign in which he raced a Bugatti Veyron to promote the launch of the Nike Mercurial Vapor IV football boot.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Graduate Marketing Opportunity Ninesharp £20000 - £22000 per annum, City of London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- The role of private equity in adland
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Aga targets city homes with cooker campaign
- Omnicom dispute to drive down Channel 5 prices in H2