David Beckham to front global Motorola ad campaign
By Ed Kemp, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 17 April 2009 01:00AM
LONDON - AC Milan and England footballer David Beckham is fronting a new global ad campaign for mobile brand Motorola.
Shot in Milan, the ‘Aura of Beckham' ads promote Motorola's luxury handset the Aura, which takes over two weeks to make due to its hand-sculpted body and has more than 200 Swiss-made individual components.
It has a 62 carat sapphire lens, one of the most scratch resistant materials on Earth, and exposes its internal mechanisms like a ‘classic watch'.
The aim of the campaign is to show the balance between the design and function of the human form vs. mechanical devices by revealing their inner ‘power and beauty'.
The ad presents David Beckham as a Terminator character and breaks ahead of the release of the new Terminator Salvation film starring Christian Bale.
The campaign launches later this month.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Video Executive Aspire £24000.00 - £28000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- Media Manager - Client Side! Aspire £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London
- Global Account Manager Dot-Gap €50k , Amsterdam
- Social Media Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London Central