Borders in tie-up with Sky Arts 1
By Sarah Rowland, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 21 April 2009 08:30AM
LONDON - Borders has signed a sponsorship deal with Sky's Arts 1 and Arts 1 HD channels.
The books, magazines and entertainment retailer will use the sponsorship idents to introduce the strapline ‘Let's escape' and an image of a butterfly made from the page of a book, which will also be used in-store.
The idents were created by Proletariat, part of the Media Circus Group. They will also feature on the Sky Arts website.
Peter Newbould, commercial director at Borders UK, said the activity would form the bulk of its marketing activity this year. However, the retailer has also been involved in promotions with newspapers, such as when it gave a free Green & Black's Easter egg to buyers of the Sunday Telegraph in-store.
Borders' longest-standing partnership is with Starbucks, which has a branch in each of the book chain's 41 UK stores.
Sky Arts 1 airs a range of contemporary arts and culture programming, including a nightly music slot, Centre Stage, and cultural quiz show What the Dickens. Some programmes are also shown in high-definition on Sky Arts 1 HD.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Business Development Manager: Beauty4Media & Homes4Media News4Media £30k Basic PLUS Uncapped Comission (OTE £60k), SE1 8XD, London (Greater)