Borders in tie-up with Sky Arts 1
LONDON - Borders has signed a sponsorship deal with Sky's Arts 1 and Arts 1 HD channels.
The books, magazines and entertainment retailer will use the sponsorship idents to introduce the strapline ‘Let's escape' and an image of a butterfly made from the page of a book, which will also be used in-store.
The idents were created by Proletariat, part of the Media Circus Group. They will also feature on the Sky Arts website.
Peter Newbould, commercial director at Borders UK, said the activity would form the bulk of its marketing activity this year. However, the retailer has also been involved in promotions with newspapers, such as when it gave a free Green & Black's Easter egg to buyers of the Sunday Telegraph in-store.
Borders' longest-standing partnership is with Starbucks, which has a branch in each of the book chain's 41 UK stores.
Sky Arts 1 airs a range of contemporary arts and culture programming, including a nightly music slot, Centre Stage, and cultural quiz show What the Dickens. Some programmes are also shown in high-definition on Sky Arts 1 HD.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Junior Product Owner / Business Analyst - Mobile Digital Gurus £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, package etc, London
- Digital PM with CMS build exp Digital Gurus £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £17000 - £22000 Per Annum DOE, Wilmslow
- Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £36000 - £40000 per annum, Warwick
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity