Spike wins Virgin Media digital advertising account
By Caroline Lovell, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 28 April 2009 11:10AM
LONDON - Virgin Media has appointed Spike as its retained digital agency after a competitive pitch.
Virgin Media, which does not have a digital incumbent in place, called the pitch in November.
The company will also work with Saint, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe\Y&R’s digital arm, on integrated campaigns, and the in-house design and branding agency Start. All three agencies will work on separate digital projects.
Spike, part of the Cossette Communication Group, will also provide consultation across Virgin Media’s marketing and communications.
Ashley Stockwell, the executive director of brand and marketing at Virgin Media, said: "Our agencies have a very strong understanding of the Virgin brand and will help us bring our products and services to life online, from ultrafast broadband to great TV content and innovative mobile services."
Richard Neville, the managing partner of Spike, added: "We’re looking forward to working with Virgin Media and implementing a clear digital strategy. By building a distinctive presence and driving direct response, we can help Virgin Media speak to people in a very relevant and brand-led way."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency