Boots rebrands No7 product as anti-wrinkle cream flies off the shelves
By Amy Golding, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 30 April 2009 10:00AM
LONDON - Boots' No 7 Refine & Rewind anti-wrinkle product, which scientific research has shown can actually help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, is being rebranded.
The renamed No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum launched in stores today and is already selling out.
The queues in stores are being driven by media reports about a study by dermatologists at the University of Manchester which found that 70% of the volunteers using the product had an improvement in their skin.
The results, published in the British Journal of Dermatology, are claimed to show that the brand has genuine, long term anti-ageing benefits.
Previously, there has been little evidence that cosmetic anti-ageing products can produce similar effects to ‘gold standard' prescription-only remedies.
Professor Chris Griffiths, foundation professor of dermatology at the University of Manchester said: ‘The results show that, when used long term, the product produces a clinically discernible improvement in wrinkles in photo-aged skin.'
When the cream was launched in 2006, it was hailed a wonder cream and sold out after the same research team showed its effects on BBC Two's Horizon programme.
No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum is available at Boots, priced at £19.75 for 30ml.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Junior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 + benefits , London (Greater)
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000, London (Greater)
- Client Services Director - Brand Marketing Agency ADLIB £60k - £65k, Bath
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake