Diffiniti's Robert Horler appointed managing director of Carat
By Tristan O'Carroll, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 30 April 2009 11:05AM
LONDON - Digital media agency Diffiniti is on the hunt for a new managing director, after Robert Horler was named new managing director of Carat UK, replacing Neil Jones who joined News International in March.
At Carat, Horler will work with Steve Hobbs, who retains his role as the agency's deputy managing director.
Horler founded Diffiniti as managing director in 2004 and has since expanded the Aegis Media-owned online planning and buying specialist to handle clients such as Sky Digital and Aviva.
Prior to his time at Diffiniti, Horler spent five years at Carat UK, establishing its interactive business.
Aegis insisted Diffiniti remains central to its overall digital media offering, adding that an announcement regarding Horler's successor at Diffiniti would be made separately.
Nigel Sharrocks, chief executive officer, Aegis Media UK, said Horler's "strategic thinking and business acumen" will be key to Carat UK's future.
Media Week revealed in January that Jones was to leave the agency after 18 years to become director of commercial strategy at News International.
In his new role, Jones is responsible for developing innovative ways of trading that look beyond traditional space sales, working with News International's head of trading, Dominic Carter.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager (Branding) air recruitment Up to £38K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager and Senior Account Manager air recruitment £32k - £41k dependent on your experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Nissan creates tactical ad 7 mins after royal baby no. 2 announcement
- Advertising tech companies make up fifth of Britain's fastest-growing businesses
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4