Co-op reappoints Rocket and Rapp Media to handle £54m media account
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 05 May 2009 01:10PM
The Co-operative Group, which includes supermarket chain Somerfield, has reappointed incumbents Rocket and Rapp Media to handle its £54m media planning and buying account.
Rocket has retained the bulk of the Co-op's food and banking business, while Rapp Media has retained Somerfield's media business.
The review, which was called in April, was led by Patrick Allen, Co-op group director of marketing.
The businesses in the review included Co-op Travel, Co-op Insurance Society, Co-op Bank, Co-op Funeralcare, Priority Motor Group, Unity Trust Bank and Co-op Financial Services, which counts internet bank Smile among its brands.
Somerfield spent £12m on media in 2008, while the Co-operative Group spent a total of £43.4m, according to The Nielsen Company.
The decision to review the Co-op's media business follows its £1.6m acquisition of Somerfield in February.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner / Strategist - Blockbuster Campaigns! ADLIB competitive salary / day rate, Southampton
- Head of eCommerce - Fast Growing British Footwear Fashion Brand Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary Package + Bonuses (Based on skills & experience), London (West), London (Greater)
- Creative Artworker:(Retail, Print, Digital, InDesign,Photoshop) Creative Recruitment £25000 - £28000 per annum, London