Co-op reappoints Rocket and Rapp Media to handle £54m media account
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 05 May 2009 01:10PM
The Co-operative Group, which includes supermarket chain Somerfield, has reappointed incumbents Rocket and Rapp Media to handle its £54m media planning and buying account.
Rocket has retained the bulk of the Co-op's food and banking business, while Rapp Media has retained Somerfield's media business.
The review, which was called in April, was led by Patrick Allen, Co-op group director of marketing.
The businesses in the review included Co-op Travel, Co-op Insurance Society, Co-op Bank, Co-op Funeralcare, Priority Motor Group, Unity Trust Bank and Co-op Financial Services, which counts internet bank Smile among its brands.
Somerfield spent £12m on media in 2008, while the Co-operative Group spent a total of £43.4m, according to The Nielsen Company.
The decision to review the Co-op's media business follows its £1.6m acquisition of Somerfield in February.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000, Central London
- Senior Analyst -Digital Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £60,000, Surrey
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital and RM Data Performance Manager Direct Recruitment £55,000 - £60,000, West London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014