Co-op reappoints Rocket and Rapp Media to handle £54m media account
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 05 May 2009 01:10PM
The Co-operative Group, which includes supermarket chain Somerfield, has reappointed incumbents Rocket and Rapp Media to handle its £54m media planning and buying account.
Rocket has retained the bulk of the Co-op's food and banking business, while Rapp Media has retained Somerfield's media business.
The review, which was called in April, was led by Patrick Allen, Co-op group director of marketing.
The businesses in the review included Co-op Travel, Co-op Insurance Society, Co-op Bank, Co-op Funeralcare, Priority Motor Group, Unity Trust Bank and Co-op Financial Services, which counts internet bank Smile among its brands.
Somerfield spent £12m on media in 2008, while the Co-operative Group spent a total of £43.4m, according to The Nielsen Company.
The decision to review the Co-op's media business follows its £1.6m acquisition of Somerfield in February.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- SEO Director Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PPC Strategist Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + Amazing Benefits + Bonus, London
- Search Executive Dot-Gap £26k, London (Greater)
- Head of Search - SEO Ultimate Asset £50000 - £65000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, Reigate
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014