Co-op reappoints Rocket and Rapp Media to handle £54m media account
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 05 May 2009 01:10PM
The Co-operative Group, which includes supermarket chain Somerfield, has reappointed incumbents Rocket and Rapp Media to handle its £54m media planning and buying account.
Rocket has retained the bulk of the Co-op's food and banking business, while Rapp Media has retained Somerfield's media business.
The review, which was called in April, was led by Patrick Allen, Co-op group director of marketing.
The businesses in the review included Co-op Travel, Co-op Insurance Society, Co-op Bank, Co-op Funeralcare, Priority Motor Group, Unity Trust Bank and Co-op Financial Services, which counts internet bank Smile among its brands.
Somerfield spent £12m on media in 2008, while the Co-operative Group spent a total of £43.4m, according to The Nielsen Company.
The decision to review the Co-op's media business follows its £1.6m acquisition of Somerfield in February.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires