Co-op reappoints Rocket and Rapp Media to handle £54m media account
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 05 May 2009 01:10PM
The Co-operative Group, which includes supermarket chain Somerfield, has reappointed incumbents Rocket and Rapp Media to handle its £54m media planning and buying account.
Rocket has retained the bulk of the Co-op's food and banking business, while Rapp Media has retained Somerfield's media business.
The review, which was called in April, was led by Patrick Allen, Co-op group director of marketing.
The businesses in the review included Co-op Travel, Co-op Insurance Society, Co-op Bank, Co-op Funeralcare, Priority Motor Group, Unity Trust Bank and Co-op Financial Services, which counts internet bank Smile among its brands.
Somerfield spent £12m on media in 2008, while the Co-operative Group spent a total of £43.4m, according to The Nielsen Company.
The decision to review the Co-op's media business follows its £1.6m acquisition of Somerfield in February.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Director - FMCG Aspire £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Brand Strategy & Sponsorship Telefonica Up to £100k + Car Allowance + 20% Bonus + Package, Berkshire
- Account Director / Senior Account Manager Beyond The Book £30000.00 - £37000.00 per annum, South East England / Oxfordshire / Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Campaign Manager Ninesharp £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Sussex
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup