Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO creates nostalgic ad for Sainsbury's 140th birthday
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 May 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - To celebrate Sainsbury's reaching its 140th birthday this month, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO has created a 60-second ad that takes viewers through the supermarket's history.
The spot, which aired last night on ITV, starts with a boy in 1869 dipping a soldier into an egg and continues by picking out a number of milestones and key events.
These include making good food affordable for all from its first store in Drury Lane in London in 1869, halving the size of its labels in 1944 to save wartime resources and first supporting fair trade in 1994.
The spot ends with a boy in 2009 dipping a soldier into a boiled egg and the line: "All eggs from cage-free British hens."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- New Business Manager Gabriele Skelton £35000 per annum, London