Volkswagen named Cannes Lions Advertiser of the Year
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 13 May 2009 01:45PM
LONDON - Volkswagen will be awarded the Advertiser of the Year prize at this summer's Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival.
The festival organisers use the award to celebrate the advertisers that distinguish themselves for their innovative marketing techniques and their willingness to encourage creativity in their agencies.
In the past year, Volkswagen campaigns have included TV ads for the Tiguan, which featured a driving instructor from the deep south of the US, whose students mysteriously have a 100 per cent pass rate, and a spot for the VW Golf VI, which featured a martial art-style fight scene taking place in a German factory.
In the UK, Volkswagen currently uses DDB London for its advertising. MediaCom handles the media account.
Volkswagen ads have won nearly 150 Cannes Lions since the advertiser picked up its first gong in 1961. Its awards roll includes two Film Grand Prix, two Press Grand Prix and a Cyber Grand Prix in 2006.
The 56th Cannes International Advertising Festival will be held between 21-27 June 2009.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operation Better Placed Recruitment £10000 - £90000 per annum + Bonus + Car + Benefits , Newcastle upon Tyne
- Recruitment Consultant - Design Tomorrow Recruitment £35K per annum OTE, London (Central), London (Greater)
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers