Volkswagen named Cannes Lions Advertiser of the Year
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 13 May 2009 01:45PM
LONDON - Volkswagen will be awarded the Advertiser of the Year prize at this summer's Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival.
The festival organisers use the award to celebrate the advertisers that distinguish themselves for their innovative marketing techniques and their willingness to encourage creativity in their agencies.
In the past year, Volkswagen campaigns have included TV ads for the Tiguan, which featured a driving instructor from the deep south of the US, whose students mysteriously have a 100 per cent pass rate, and a spot for the VW Golf VI, which featured a martial art-style fight scene taking place in a German factory.
In the UK, Volkswagen currently uses DDB London for its advertising. MediaCom handles the media account.
Volkswagen ads have won nearly 150 Cannes Lions since the advertiser picked up its first gong in 1961. Its awards roll includes two Film Grand Prix, two Press Grand Prix and a Cyber Grand Prix in 2006.
The 56th Cannes International Advertising Festival will be held between 21-27 June 2009.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- UK Head of Marketing FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£100-130K + Benefits Package, London
- Artworker fishtank £23000 - £33000 per annum, Bristol
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show