Boots sales boosted by NPD and store openings
By Joe Thomas, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 18 May 2009 10:30AM
LONDON - Boots has announced like-for-like sales increases of 1.3% for the financial year ending 31 March 2009.
Its total revenue was up 3.2% and trading profit increased by 11.6% across its health and beauty division.
Boots said that the increase in sales was due to improvements in customer care, a major store investment programme and developing new products. In the past year Boots opened 21 new stores, of which 17 incorporated a pharmacy. Boots also invested in NPD for its cosmetics and skincare brand No7 along with other own-brand products such as Botanics and Soltan.
Boots Opticians also merged with Dollond & Atchinson, a deal confirmed at the beginning of the month. Boots have said that it envisages the D&A brand adopting the Boots Opticians brand. The operating and financial review said: ‘Both businesses have strong heritage and an excellent reputation for service and customer care, providing a great opportunity to combine these strengths under one brand with a differentiated product offering.'
Across the Alliance Boots Group, which covers the health & beauty division as well as the pharmaceutical wholesale division, associates and joint ventures, revenue was up 15.5% to £20.5bn.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager / European Brand Leader - 12 month contract Seven Search and Selection £65k plus £7,500 car allowance, 20% bonus plus package, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Event Producer / Project Manager / Production guru - Fashion!! Network Career Consultants £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch