Ridley Scott unveils ad-funded UGC venture
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 June 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - Ridley Scott is launching a project called Purefold that will harness user-generated content, RSA directors, scriptwriters and online aggregators to create brand-funded premium quality online TV programmes.
Created by Ag8, the initiative is being backed by WPP, Publicis, Aegis and Naked Communications, which have also signed a number of their clients into the project.
Described as an open licence cross-platform franchise, Purefold works by scanning social networking sites for online conversations across all social media.
These conversations are collated and the most highly rated can be used by brands as the basis for storylines that are fleshed out and rewritten by professional scriptwriters.
The scripts are then turned into five-minute, high-quality web-based programmes directed by RSA directors from around the world.
Once online, consumers can become involved with developing the storyline through talking or blogging about it.
The most talked-about stories will be kept and further developed while the least talked-about will then be discarded.
Clients who decide to get involved with Purefold are likely to be charged a flat fee no matter how popular or unpopular their films become.
Purefold’s first clients are set to be announced in the coming weeks and the first brand-funded film is expected to launch within the next month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Director of Marketing and Communications (maternity cover) Almeida Theatre circa £38,000 per annum dependent on experience, Islington, North London
- Market Research - Senior Position - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai- UAE
- Biddable Account Manager - PPC - Superb Clients Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: + annual bonus, Manchester
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'