Media agencies vie for BBC Worldwide
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 June 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the BBC, is reviewing its media planning and buying account.
PHD is the incumbent on the UK business, which encompasses the corporation’s magazines, audio books, DVDs and digital media.
PHD first took on BBC Worldwide’s media account in December 1998.
The company hired i-level to work on its search marketing campaigns in March last year after a pitch against undisclosed agencies.
In April this year, the Commons Culture, Media and Sport Committee called on BBC Worldwide to rein in its operations.
MPs cited its acquisition of the Lonely Planet company in 2007 as having an adverse effect on its commercial competitors.
BBC Worldwide has seen rapid growth in recent years, making a profit of £118 million in 2007/08, up from £37 million in 2003/04.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager, FMCG, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £48000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Richmond upon Thames
- Online Analytics Manager, Telecoms, Slough Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £65000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Slough
- Digital Strategist - iconic luxury brand - £55K-£65K Bamboo Crowd £55K-£65K, London (Greater)
- Social & Digital Director - iconic luxury brand - £50K-£55K Bamboo Crowd £50K-£55K, London (Greater)
- Web Designer | Junior / Midweight Nu Creative Talent Negotiable, London