Media agencies vie for BBC Worldwide
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 June 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the BBC, is reviewing its media planning and buying account.
PHD is the incumbent on the UK business, which encompasses the corporation’s magazines, audio books, DVDs and digital media.
PHD first took on BBC Worldwide’s media account in December 1998.
The company hired i-level to work on its search marketing campaigns in March last year after a pitch against undisclosed agencies.
In April this year, the Commons Culture, Media and Sport Committee called on BBC Worldwide to rein in its operations.
MPs cited its acquisition of the Lonely Planet company in 2007 as having an adverse effect on its commercial competitors.
BBC Worldwide has seen rapid growth in recent years, making a profit of £118 million in 2007/08, up from £37 million in 2003/04.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, West End
- Search Manager Aspire £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Creative Project Manager/Production Manager become £30k-£42k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Pitch Consultants £40000 - £50000 per annum, Manchester
- Campaign Manager,Professional services,London,£50k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: +excellent benefits, London
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 7 things Proximity has learned in the new Omnicom building