Media agencies vie for BBC Worldwide
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 June 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the BBC, is reviewing its media planning and buying account.
PHD is the incumbent on the UK business, which encompasses the corporation’s magazines, audio books, DVDs and digital media.
PHD first took on BBC Worldwide’s media account in December 1998.
The company hired i-level to work on its search marketing campaigns in March last year after a pitch against undisclosed agencies.
In April this year, the Commons Culture, Media and Sport Committee called on BBC Worldwide to rein in its operations.
MPs cited its acquisition of the Lonely Planet company in 2007 as having an adverse effect on its commercial competitors.
BBC Worldwide has seen rapid growth in recent years, making a profit of £118 million in 2007/08, up from £37 million in 2003/04.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Midweight Team become £25-38K, Central London
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary, London
- Senior Brand Manager - Beauty Ball & Hoolahan £46,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires