Media agencies vie for BBC Worldwide
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 June 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the BBC, is reviewing its media planning and buying account.
PHD is the incumbent on the UK business, which encompasses the corporation’s magazines, audio books, DVDs and digital media.
PHD first took on BBC Worldwide’s media account in December 1998.
The company hired i-level to work on its search marketing campaigns in March last year after a pitch against undisclosed agencies.
In April this year, the Commons Culture, Media and Sport Committee called on BBC Worldwide to rein in its operations.
MPs cited its acquisition of the Lonely Planet company in 2007 as having an adverse effect on its commercial competitors.
BBC Worldwide has seen rapid growth in recent years, making a profit of £118 million in 2007/08, up from £37 million in 2003/04.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Advertising Brand: Head of Business Analytics Ultimate Asset £55000 - £70000 per annum + + comm + bens, London
- Marketing Communications Assistant Manager - Transport for London Transport for London Salary: £30,607 to £35,000 (subject to experience) Plus excellent benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Domino's Pizza launches TV ad for cheese and smokey bacon stuffed crust
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account