Media agencies vie for BBC Worldwide
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 June 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the BBC, is reviewing its media planning and buying account.
PHD is the incumbent on the UK business, which encompasses the corporation’s magazines, audio books, DVDs and digital media.
PHD first took on BBC Worldwide’s media account in December 1998.
The company hired i-level to work on its search marketing campaigns in March last year after a pitch against undisclosed agencies.
In April this year, the Commons Culture, Media and Sport Committee called on BBC Worldwide to rein in its operations.
MPs cited its acquisition of the Lonely Planet company in 2007 as having an adverse effect on its commercial competitors.
BBC Worldwide has seen rapid growth in recent years, making a profit of £118 million in 2007/08, up from £37 million in 2003/04.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Comms Acount Director- Leading Beauty FMCG - £55K Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager - SPORTS BRAND - £35K Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager! BRAND LED ACCOUNTS!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Branding up to £39k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £39000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film