Dare appoints Cooper to creative role
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 June 2009 12:00AM
Dare has appointed Brian Cooper, the former McCann Erickson creative director, to an equivalent role at the digital agency.
The appointment ends a long search that followed the departure of Dare's creative director, James Cooper, to join Another Anomaly in New York in November 2007.
Dare had appointed Andy Amadeo, a former executive creative director of Mustoes and CDP, to replace Cooper, but he left after just four months.
In his new role, Brian Cooper takes creative leadership across a number of the agency's clients, which include Vodafone and Sony Ericsson.
The copywriter joins Dare after a two-year stint freelancing at Mother and, before that, he was a creative director at McCann Erickson. During his tenure, he picked up a silver at the Campaign Press Awards, two silver BTAA awards and a silver Campaign Digital gong, all for work on the MasterCard brand.
Separately, Dare has been named as a lead digital agency for the Football Association after a pitch against undisclosed agencies.
The FA has briefed Dare to develop its online presence in the lead-up to the Fifa World Cup in 2010.
Its first task will be to redesign the England website, which forms part of the FA's main website, TheFA.com. In addition to the website, Dare will produce a one-off campaign to promote the game.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Frontend Developer Digital Gurus £30000 - £50000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits Available, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Designer / Web Designer Guru Careers £Neg. (DOE) + Excellent Benefits, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire / Ely, Cambridgeshire / Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire / Peterborough, Camb...
- Senior Brand Strategy Consultant Elizabeth Norman International £35000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Qualitative - Global Brand Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £75000 - £120000 per annum + Performance related bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred