Dare appoints Cooper to creative role
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 June 2009 12:00AM
Dare has appointed Brian Cooper, the former McCann Erickson creative director, to an equivalent role at the digital agency.
The appointment ends a long search that followed the departure of Dare's creative director, James Cooper, to join Another Anomaly in New York in November 2007.
Dare had appointed Andy Amadeo, a former executive creative director of Mustoes and CDP, to replace Cooper, but he left after just four months.
In his new role, Brian Cooper takes creative leadership across a number of the agency's clients, which include Vodafone and Sony Ericsson.
The copywriter joins Dare after a two-year stint freelancing at Mother and, before that, he was a creative director at McCann Erickson. During his tenure, he picked up a silver at the Campaign Press Awards, two silver BTAA awards and a silver Campaign Digital gong, all for work on the MasterCard brand.
Separately, Dare has been named as a lead digital agency for the Football Association after a pitch against undisclosed agencies.
The FA has briefed Dare to develop its online presence in the lead-up to the Fifa World Cup in 2010.
Its first task will be to redesign the England website, which forms part of the FA's main website, TheFA.com. In addition to the website, Dare will produce a one-off campaign to promote the game.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London
- planner > HUGE opportunity > BRAVE client collectivo Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Foodie Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham