MPs attack BBC over celebrity salaries
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 June 2009 10:10AM
LONDON - The BBC has been attacked by MPs for refusing to reveal details of the salaries of its radio presenters.
The House of Commons Public Accounts Committee said that the BBC appears to be paying its stars more than twice the amount paid by commercial stations.
The BBC has refused to provide a breakdown of salaries earned by its leading presenters.
MPs targeted breakfast and drivetime shows as significantly more expensive than their commercial rivals.
Terry Wogan’s breakfast show on BBC Radio 2 was singled out in the report from the Committee.
Reports suggest that the BBC is paying Wogan £800,000 to present the show.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager/Account Director Reuben Sinclair £40000 - £55000 per hour + Bonus + Excellent Benefits, London
- Head of Digital Design. #BANNERCAMPAIGNS #EMAILDESIGNS Creative Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- JUNIOR DIGITAL DESIGNER #ESHOTS #WEBDESIGN #SOCIALMEDIA Creative Recruitment £25000 per annum, London