Leo Burnett planning director Martin Weigel defects to Wieden & Kennedy
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 09 June 2009 11:00AM
LONDON - Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam has poached the Leo Burnett planning director, Martin Weigel, to take on the role of head of planning at the agency.
In his new role, Weigel will head the agency's planning function across its entire client base, which includes Nike, Diageo and Nokia. He will take up the new position in July.
While at Leo Burnett, Weigel took the planning lead on the agency's global Kellogg and pan-European iShares accounts.
His career has also included stints at JWT London and New York as its global planning director, and as the head of planning for Latin America at JWT São Paulo.
Lee Newman, the managing director at Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam, said: "We're impressed with Martin's vision for what planning can contribute at a creative agency like Wieden & Kennedy. He really seems to grasp what's possible and we're excited to have him on board, helping to lead the work for each of our clients."
Weigel said: "When Wieden & Kennedy first called me, it felt as if I'd finally been invited to run away and join the circus. My excitement comes with a sense of responsibility. There's a lot to do and achieve and Wiedens has a considerably more formidable past to beat than most. "
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Inhouse EMEA Marketing Director - Technology Media Recruitment £100k+, London (City of), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager / Project Manager ADLIB £24000 - £30000 per annum, Swindon
- POWERPOINT OPERATOR 35K LONDON Creative Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Account Director Major Players £42000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Product Sub Editor and Translator (German speaking) Major Players £25000 - £40000 per annum, London
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran