Leo Burnett planning director Martin Weigel defects to Wieden & Kennedy
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 09 June 2009 11:00AM
LONDON - Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam has poached the Leo Burnett planning director, Martin Weigel, to take on the role of head of planning at the agency.
In his new role, Weigel will head the agency's planning function across its entire client base, which includes Nike, Diageo and Nokia. He will take up the new position in July.
While at Leo Burnett, Weigel took the planning lead on the agency's global Kellogg and pan-European iShares accounts.
His career has also included stints at JWT London and New York as its global planning director, and as the head of planning for Latin America at JWT São Paulo.
Lee Newman, the managing director at Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam, said: "We're impressed with Martin's vision for what planning can contribute at a creative agency like Wieden & Kennedy. He really seems to grasp what's possible and we're excited to have him on board, helping to lead the work for each of our clients."
Weigel said: "When Wieden & Kennedy first called me, it felt as if I'd finally been invited to run away and join the circus. My excitement comes with a sense of responsibility. There's a lot to do and achieve and Wiedens has a considerably more formidable past to beat than most. "
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Senior Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £50k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Data Planner Direct Recruitment £55,000-£70,000, London (Greater)
- Database Executive Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £35,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Selections Executive Direct Recruitment £30,000 + Benefits, London