Heinz launches USB-powered microwave
By James Quilter, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 11 June 2009 11:55AM
LONDON - Heinz is targeting office workers with a branded portable microwave, powered via a USB port.
The device, dubbed Beanzawave, has been created for Heinz's microwavable Snap Pots products. It is sized just 6.2in by 5.9in.
Beanzawave uses frequencies similar to those used by mobile phones to maximise the low amount of power available from a USB port. It could also be powered by a lithium battery.
The prototype currently costs around £100 per unit although the price would come down significantly if Heinz produced the product in greater numbers. Heinz is awaiting consumer feedback before deciding whether to go into production.
Heinz initiated the project after research showed around 70% of office workers find it difficult to leave their desks to go out and buy lunch each day.
Speaking about the product Heinz Beanz marketing manager John Alderman said Snap Pots were developed to cater for the habits of UK workers who require a quick fix at lunchtimes. He said the microwave was an extension to this proposition.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Consumer Tech Public Relations Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- B2B Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Consumer PR Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £22000 per annum, London
- Digital Designer - Agency £35,000 Nakama £20,000 - £35,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Planner Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £70000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood