The World: New York - Insider's memoirs attack DDB's Bill Bernbach
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 June 2009 12:00AM
Bill Bernbach, the legendary advertising figurehead and founder of DDB, has come under fire in a new book written by his agency's former PR director.
In Nobody's Perfect: Bill Bernbach And The Golden Age Of Advertising, the author, Doris Willens, accuses Bernbach of being an insecure individual who only rose to fame thanks to the talented creatives who worked under him.
The book criticises him for having no real interest in writing copy, and says that Bernbach was only comfortable when in familiar surroundings - a stark contrast from the reputation he had acquired as an ad industry revolutionary who was intent on breaking down barriers.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of eCommerce - Fast Growing British Footwear Fashion Brand Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary Package + Bonuses (Based on skills & experience), London (West), London (Greater)
- Creative Artworker:(Retail, Print, Digital, InDesign,Photoshop) Creative Recruitment £25000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Online Marketing Manager - Well regarded ethical Brand ADLIB Up to £50,000 + benefits, Devon