The World: New York - Insider's memoirs attack DDB's Bill Bernbach
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 June 2009 12:00AM
Bill Bernbach, the legendary advertising figurehead and founder of DDB, has come under fire in a new book written by his agency's former PR director.
In Nobody's Perfect: Bill Bernbach And The Golden Age Of Advertising, the author, Doris Willens, accuses Bernbach of being an insecure individual who only rose to fame thanks to the talented creatives who worked under him.
The book criticises him for having no real interest in writing copy, and says that Bernbach was only comfortable when in familiar surroundings - a stark contrast from the reputation he had acquired as an ad industry revolutionary who was intent on breaking down barriers.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Online Marketing Executive - global business services giant Perfect Marketing People To £25k, Manchester
- Digital Marketing Manager Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London