The World: New York - Insider's memoirs attack DDB's Bill Bernbach
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 June 2009 12:00AM
Bill Bernbach, the legendary advertising figurehead and founder of DDB, has come under fire in a new book written by his agency's former PR director.
In Nobody's Perfect: Bill Bernbach And The Golden Age Of Advertising, the author, Doris Willens, accuses Bernbach of being an insecure individual who only rose to fame thanks to the talented creatives who worked under him.
The book criticises him for having no real interest in writing copy, and says that Bernbach was only comfortable when in familiar surroundings - a stark contrast from the reputation he had acquired as an ad industry revolutionary who was intent on breaking down barriers.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Account Director : Theatrical & Home Entertainment brands : Integrated Agency Dylan IRO £50k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Partnerships Account Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- Account Manager- International Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London