Mediaedge:cia wins £150m Activision Blizzard global media account
LONDON - Activision Blizzard, the US video-game developer, has awarded its first consolidated £150m media planning and buying business to WPP's Mediaedge:cia.
The appointment ends a four and half month global review, which pitted incumbents MediaVest and MPG against Omnicom's OMD and WPP's Mediaedge:cia.
The account includes online and offline briefs and incorporates the £7m media planning and buying business in the UK, based on 2008 data from The Nielsen Company.
The company was created after the $18.8 billion joint venture between Activision, which developed Guitar Hero, and Vivendi Games' games company Blizzard, which counts World of Warcraft among its best-sellers.
The global review was brokered by Russell Wohlwerth of Ark Advisors in Playa del Rey, California.
Other leading games included in Activision Blizzard's portfolio are Call of Duty, Tony Hawk, Spider-Man, X-Men, Shrek and James Bond.
The company has operations in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Romania, Australia, Chile, India, Japan, China, the region of Taiwan and South Korea.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- PR Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Network Career Consultants £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad