Mediaedge:cia wins £150m Activision Blizzard global media account
LONDON - Activision Blizzard, the US video-game developer, has awarded its first consolidated £150m media planning and buying business to WPP's Mediaedge:cia.
The appointment ends a four and half month global review, which pitted incumbents MediaVest and MPG against Omnicom's OMD and WPP's Mediaedge:cia.
The account includes online and offline briefs and incorporates the £7m media planning and buying business in the UK, based on 2008 data from The Nielsen Company.
The company was created after the $18.8 billion joint venture between Activision, which developed Guitar Hero, and Vivendi Games' games company Blizzard, which counts World of Warcraft among its best-sellers.
The global review was brokered by Russell Wohlwerth of Ark Advisors in Playa del Rey, California.
Other leading games included in Activision Blizzard's portfolio are Call of Duty, Tony Hawk, Spider-Man, X-Men, Shrek and James Bond.
The company has operations in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Romania, Australia, Chile, India, Japan, China, the region of Taiwan and South Korea.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £18000.00 - £22000.00 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Blue Tree Recruits £30,000 - £35,000, Guildford, Surrey
- Account Director Blue Tree Recruits £40,000 - £50,000, Central London
- Junior Artworker Blue Tree Recruits £18,000 plus benefits , Theale, Reading
- Brand and Advertising Manager - Global Technology Innovator Ninesharp £52000 - £58000 per annum + Bonus, Benefits, Berkshire
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts