CHI & Partners wins global Samsung phone launch brief
By Caroline Lovell, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 17 June 2009 12:40PM
LONDON - CHI & Partners has won an estimated $75 million global Samsung brief to launch a new smart phone after a pitch against Leo Burnett and Grey.
Beattie McGuinness Bungay, which sold a 49 per cent stake to Cheil Worldwide in December, was not invited to pitch. Samsung holds around 20 per cent of Cheil’s shares and is its biggest client.
The unnamed smart phone is set to launch globally in the autumn. This will be the first time that Samsung has run a campaign that includes all major territories.
In the past, CHI & Partners has launched the G800 and Pixon Samsung handsets. However, this handset launch will be the agency’s first global campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London
- Data Planner Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £33,000, London
- Senior Data Planner/Analyst Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £75,000, London
- Partnerships Account Director - eCommerce Business Silverdrum to £45,000 + bonus + stock + benefits, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity