Vodafone sponsors MySpace online music studio
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 19 June 2009 10:00AM
LONDON - Vodafone has signed a deal with MySpace to sponsor the social networking site's newly revamped online music studio, where users can remix and record tracks.
The pan-European campaign, launching today and running for eight months, targets bands, artists and music fans.
The Music Studio allows users to remix the tracks of established musicians using its new "Go Mix" application. Later in the campaign, users will be able to record tracks and upload them on to their MySpace profile.
Bands can try out for a monthly "Ones to Watch" competition, to win a session in a recording studio.
Nick Reid, the head of sales of MySpace UK, said: "MySpace has worked with Vodafone to develop a bespoke platform to engage with our audience and offer them something we know they want. This deal provides us with a great opportunity to allow users and musicians to express themselves, discover new talent and get closer to bands and their music."
David Wheldon, the global brand director at Vodafone Group, said: "The Music Studio offers a unique opportunity to bring a great product to a fully engaged audience. We know that our customers are really passionate about music and we strive to give them new opportunities to experience music on – or off – their mobile. This campaign gives users an innovative, interesting and useful product, while strengthening Vodafone’s association as a key player in the music industry."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000, Central London
- Senior Analyst -Digital Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £60,000, Surrey
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital and RM Data Performance Manager Direct Recruitment £55,000 - £60,000, West London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014