21 British agencies make Cannes' Media Lions shortlist
CANNES - Cannes week has opened on a positive note for the UK, with the Media Lions shortlist showing level-pegging for the UK and Germany.
Shortlisted UK campaigns – some of which appear in several categories within the media awards – feature prominent campaigns such as Saatchi & Saatchi's flashmob "dance" for T-Mobile (entered by both Saatchis and MediaCom), Starcom MediaVest's Honda "live" ad, Elvis' live interative text poster for Virgin Trains and Grey London's "watch your own heart attack" for the British Heart Foundation.
Also in the running are: Arena BLM's "Grazia inside" for Westfield Shopping Centre; ZenithOptimedia's "the world is noisy enough" for AEG Electrolux washing machines; Red Bee Media's "Red Dwarf lands on Dave" for UKTV's Dave channel; Mediaedge:cia's "let's grow" for Morrisons; McCann Erickson's "SKCIN" for Skin Cancer Awareness; OMD UK's "you create the car" for Peugeot; Manning Gottlieb OMD's "good stuff" for Lastminute.com; Drum PHD's "The Krypton Factor" for Sage, and Proximity's "mystery package" for the Royal National Lifeboat Association.
Carat made a good showing, with three entries for Gordon's Gin ("Gordon's and Gordon") making the shortlist and a further one for Adidas ("London marathon") in with a chance.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Developer Digital Gurus £40000 - £45000 Per Annum, London
- Account Executive Beyond The Book £Negotiable, Northampton
- Marketing Executive Stopgap £28000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Stopgap £31500 per annum + 12 months, London
- Database Administrator Stopgap £80 - £100 per day + 3 days per week - 3 months, London
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media