21 British agencies make Cannes' Media Lions shortlist
CANNES - Cannes week has opened on a positive note for the UK, with the Media Lions shortlist showing level-pegging for the UK and Germany.
Shortlisted UK campaigns – some of which appear in several categories within the media awards – feature prominent campaigns such as Saatchi & Saatchi's flashmob "dance" for T-Mobile (entered by both Saatchis and MediaCom), Starcom MediaVest's Honda "live" ad, Elvis' live interative text poster for Virgin Trains and Grey London's "watch your own heart attack" for the British Heart Foundation.
Also in the running are: Arena BLM's "Grazia inside" for Westfield Shopping Centre; ZenithOptimedia's "the world is noisy enough" for AEG Electrolux washing machines; Red Bee Media's "Red Dwarf lands on Dave" for UKTV's Dave channel; Mediaedge:cia's "let's grow" for Morrisons; McCann Erickson's "SKCIN" for Skin Cancer Awareness; OMD UK's "you create the car" for Peugeot; Manning Gottlieb OMD's "good stuff" for Lastminute.com; Drum PHD's "The Krypton Factor" for Sage, and Proximity's "mystery package" for the Royal National Lifeboat Association.
Carat made a good showing, with three entries for Gordon's Gin ("Gordon's and Gordon") making the shortlist and a further one for Adidas ("London marathon") in with a chance.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Designer 20-35k London - Advertising Tech Company Creative Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- senior account director > RETAIL > GLOBAL AGENCY collectivo Salary confidential, London
- social media account manager > DRINKS BRAND collectivo to £25-30k + amazing bens, London
- Press Investment Senior Exec Aspire £25000.00 - £34000.00 per annum, London
- Group Marketing Manager - Leading Media Business ADLIB £30000 - £40000 per annum, Bath
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham