Cannes attendance expected to be down by 40%
CANNES - Attendance at this year's Cannes International Advertising Festival, which starts today, is expected to be down by at least 40%.
The Financial Times reports that organisers are expecting a steep decline, although there has been a last-minute rush of delegates signing up.
Last week, Campaign reported that entries to the festival were down by almost 20% on 2008, with 22,652 entries received from 86 countries for this year's event, compared with 28,284 last year.
Some agencies in the UK are not sending any delegates, including Bartle Bogle Hegarty and TBWA\London, the FT reports.
Others are cutting back on lavish hospitality -- swapping parties on yachts for more serious seminars.
More on Brand Republic
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Manager - CRM Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 - £50,000, Central London
- Marketing & Sales Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £26,000 - £36,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer (10 month contract) Better Placed Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum, Manchester
- Online Marketing Manager - Client Side - London Major Players £45000 - £600000 per annum, London