Poor showing for PR Lions at Cannes
CANNES - The newest award category at Cannes, the PR Lions, has resulted in a shortlist of just 37 candidates.
The poor showing indicates perhaps a light entry list, a pitiful standard of work or the problem of an international jury interpreting campaigns that are bound up with social and cultural norms of individual countries.
The UK has three in the shortlist: Paratus Communications with "the £10 million tongue" for Costa Coffee: Resonate with "beautiful game" for Sportech's new football pools, and Weber Shandwick with "pigs are worth it!" for BPEX's pig industry prices.
No one country appears to have dominated the list.
Chime Communications' chairman, Lord Tim Bell, is the president of the inaugural PR Lions jury.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior PPC Manager Direct Recruitment £27,000 -£33,000, London
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £35,000 - £39,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch