Poor showing for PR Lions at Cannes
CANNES - The newest award category at Cannes, the PR Lions, has resulted in a shortlist of just 37 candidates.
The poor showing indicates perhaps a light entry list, a pitiful standard of work or the problem of an international jury interpreting campaigns that are bound up with social and cultural norms of individual countries.
The UK has three in the shortlist: Paratus Communications with "the £10 million tongue" for Costa Coffee: Resonate with "beautiful game" for Sportech's new football pools, and Weber Shandwick with "pigs are worth it!" for BPEX's pig industry prices.
No one country appears to have dominated the list.
Chime Communications' chairman, Lord Tim Bell, is the president of the inaugural PR Lions jury.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Assistant/Executive Brand Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Head of Brand Communications (1 year contract) Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £47,000 - £57,000 + London Weighting , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media