Poor showing for PR Lions at Cannes
CANNES - The newest award category at Cannes, the PR Lions, has resulted in a shortlist of just 37 candidates.
The poor showing indicates perhaps a light entry list, a pitiful standard of work or the problem of an international jury interpreting campaigns that are bound up with social and cultural norms of individual countries.
The UK has three in the shortlist: Paratus Communications with "the £10 million tongue" for Costa Coffee: Resonate with "beautiful game" for Sportech's new football pools, and Weber Shandwick with "pigs are worth it!" for BPEX's pig industry prices.
No one country appears to have dominated the list.
Chime Communications' chairman, Lord Tim Bell, is the president of the inaugural PR Lions jury.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Interior Designer Premier Media £150 - £300 per day, City of London
- Senior Manager - Marketing Planning | 6 Month contract Salt £350 - £500 per day, City of London
- Senior Business Development Manager - Customer Engagement Better Placed Recruitment £60000 - £75000 per annum + significant OTE, City of London