Traditional ad agencies take the lead in Direct Lions category
CANNES - The ad agencies CHI & Partners and Saatchi & Saatchi are among the most shortlisted UK agencies for a Direct Lion, with CMW and Proximity the most nominated UK specialist direct agencies.
The traditional ad agency McCann Erickson is also among the nine from the UK in the final running for some direct silverware this week, reflecting the blurring lines between the disciplines.
CHI's "the forever story" work for client TalkTalk has brought it two chances of a Direct Lion this week.
Saatchis is shortlisted for both T-Mobile's "dance" and "the interview" for its own Scholarship programme.
CMW is also a finalist twice, both times for the Lotus Evora's "faceless people" campaign, while Proximity picked up nominations for its Royal Mail "growth" campaign and for its "mystery package" campaign for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution.
The "computer tan" spoof for Skcin, the Karen Clifford Skin Cancer Charity, is carrying McCann Erickson's hopes for a gong.
The remaining UK finalists, with one campaign each, are: Iris Worldwide with "double-sided CV" for Kids Co; the Edinburgh-based Story with "a horny young man" for Glenmorangie's Ardbeg Corryvreckan whisky; Wunderman with "the greensaver" environmental message for Ford, Land Rover and Procter & Gamble.
But there are 180 shortlisted entries overall, with a strong showing from Germany, in particular, which has 22 finalist campaigns.
More from Cannes Lions 2009
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UK Marketing Communications Adam Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Manchester
- Associate Marketing Director (Global Education) - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Chichester, West Sussex
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- The man who made Grey matter