TV is 'formulaic', Direct Lions juror says
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 23 June 2009 08:55AM
CANNES - Pepe Marais, a juror on the Direct Lions panel and the executive creative director of Joe Public in South Africa, said that entries to the Direct category were closer to being truly "integrated" than any other.
At the press conference for the Direct Lions, the creative said that because DM was becoming so fragmented, it was offering up the best fodder for the Titanium and Integrated awards.
He said: "Other categories, like TV, are formulaic and one-dimensional, while direct is truly innovative."
More from Cannes Lions 2009
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- Direct Marketing Executive Stopgap £26000 per annum, London
- PROJECT MANAGER - LONDON - £30-40K + BENEFITS Salt £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'