TV is 'formulaic', Direct Lions juror says
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 23 June 2009 08:55AM
CANNES - Pepe Marais, a juror on the Direct Lions panel and the executive creative director of Joe Public in South Africa, said that entries to the Direct category were closer to being truly "integrated" than any other.
At the press conference for the Direct Lions, the creative said that because DM was becoming so fragmented, it was offering up the best fodder for the Titanium and Integrated awards.
He said: "Other categories, like TV, are formulaic and one-dimensional, while direct is truly innovative."
More from Cannes Lions 2009
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits, London
- Planner, Top Direct Marketing/Digital Agency London Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £65,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show