TV is 'formulaic', Direct Lions juror says
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 23 June 2009 08:55AM
CANNES - Pepe Marais, a juror on the Direct Lions panel and the executive creative director of Joe Public in South Africa, said that entries to the Direct category were closer to being truly "integrated" than any other.
At the press conference for the Direct Lions, the creative said that because DM was becoming so fragmented, it was offering up the best fodder for the Titanium and Integrated awards.
He said: "Other categories, like TV, are formulaic and one-dimensional, while direct is truly innovative."
More from Cannes Lions 2009
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Graphic Designer Ninesharp £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Sussex
- Head of PR, Luxury Travel, Surrey, £60-65k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, London (Greater) / Surrey
- Lead Promotions Manager Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Senior Brand Manager Weetabix Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, London (Greater) / Northamptonshire / Kettering, Northamptonshire
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup