TV is 'formulaic', Direct Lions juror says
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 23 June 2009 08:55AM
CANNES - Pepe Marais, a juror on the Direct Lions panel and the executive creative director of Joe Public in South Africa, said that entries to the Direct category were closer to being truly "integrated" than any other.
At the press conference for the Direct Lions, the creative said that because DM was becoming so fragmented, it was offering up the best fodder for the Titanium and Integrated awards.
He said: "Other categories, like TV, are formulaic and one-dimensional, while direct is truly innovative."
More from Cannes Lions 2009
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014