TV is 'formulaic', Direct Lions juror says
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 23 June 2009 08:55AM
CANNES - Pepe Marais, a juror on the Direct Lions panel and the executive creative director of Joe Public in South Africa, said that entries to the Direct category were closer to being truly "integrated" than any other.
At the press conference for the Direct Lions, the creative said that because DM was becoming so fragmented, it was offering up the best fodder for the Titanium and Integrated awards.
He said: "Other categories, like TV, are formulaic and one-dimensional, while direct is truly innovative."
More from Cannes Lions 2009
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Global Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £50000 - £60000 per annum + car + excellent bonus, West London
- Senior Company Analyst Jarlett de Grouchy £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Slough
- Category Manager - Snacks Jarlett de Grouchy £40000 - £45000 per annum + £5K Car + Benefits, Uxbridge
- Copywriter become £40K, Central London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions