UK scoops 28 Cyber Lions nominations
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 23 June 2009 09:15AM
CANNES - The UK grabbed 28 nominations in the Cyber Lions at the Cannes Lions 2009 - the second highest number of any country.
However, the figure was dwarfed by the US, which scooped 55 nominations.
In the UK, the most successful agency was The Viral Factory with four shortlist nominations for "Diesel XXX" for Diesel, "extreme sheep LED art" for Samsung Electronics, "unboxing" for Samsung mobile and "laughter chain" for Skype.
Following closely behind was Bartle Bogle Hegarty with three for Barnardo's, and AKQA with three for Nike "boot camp", Fiat's "eco:drive" and its own Christmas greeting – "Happy Christmas from AKQA".
Wieden & Kennedy, CHI & Partners and Agency Republic received two nominations, while Fallon, Hyper London, Lean Mean Fighting Machine, Play, Dare, Digital Outlook London, R/GA London, WCRS, Grey London, Poke and Saatchi & Saatchi all scored one.
Sony Music Entertainment also grabbed a nomination for its "AC/DC rocks the office" campaign for Columbia Records.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Digital Account Manager (Surrey) become £35k, Surrey
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief