UK scoops 28 Cyber Lions nominations
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 23 June 2009 09:15AM
CANNES - The UK grabbed 28 nominations in the Cyber Lions at the Cannes Lions 2009 - the second highest number of any country.
However, the figure was dwarfed by the US, which scooped 55 nominations.
In the UK, the most successful agency was The Viral Factory with four shortlist nominations for "Diesel XXX" for Diesel, "extreme sheep LED art" for Samsung Electronics, "unboxing" for Samsung mobile and "laughter chain" for Skype.
Following closely behind was Bartle Bogle Hegarty with three for Barnardo's, and AKQA with three for Nike "boot camp", Fiat's "eco:drive" and its own Christmas greeting – "Happy Christmas from AKQA".
Wieden & Kennedy, CHI & Partners and Agency Republic received two nominations, while Fallon, Hyper London, Lean Mean Fighting Machine, Play, Dare, Digital Outlook London, R/GA London, WCRS, Grey London, Poke and Saatchi & Saatchi all scored one.
Sony Music Entertainment also grabbed a nomination for its "AC/DC rocks the office" campaign for Columbia Records.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Middleweight Artworker become £32K, London
- International Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East
- PR and Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London