UK picks up 20 Design Lions nominations at Cannes
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 23 June 2009 10:10AM
LONDON - The UK has performed well in the Design Lions shortlist at Cannes, picking up 20 nominations.
This made the UK the second most nominated country in the category, just behind Germany, which has been shortlisted 22 times.
Among the UK agencies nominated for the Design Lions are Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, which made it on to the shortlist with its work for the Museum of Childhood.
CHI & Partners was also among the nominees, for its "X Factor" campaign for the Carphone Warehouse.
JWT London was nominated for its "Wimbledon grass art" work for HSBC, while McCann Erickson made it on to the shortlist for its own agency branding.
The most-nominated UK design agencies were The Chase Creative Consultants and Williams Murray Hamm London, which both picked up three nominations each.
The Partners, which won a gold Design Lion last year for its "grand tour" campaign for the National Gallery, has picked up two nominations this time around, for its work for Mr Singh's Bangras and the children's hospice charity Richard House.
More from Cannes Lions 2009
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Print,New Media,Branding,InDesign,Photoshop) Creative Recruitment £30000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Inhouse EMEA Marketing Director - Technology Media Recruitment £100k+, London (City of), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager / Project Manager ADLIB £24000 - £30000 per annum, Swindon
- POWERPOINT OPERATOR 35K LONDON Creative Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Account Director Major Players £42000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad