Tourism South Australia ad campaign spoofs MPs' blacked-out claims forms
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 24 June 2009 09:20AM
LONDON - A new ad campaign for Tourism South Australia satirises the recent MPs' expenses scandal by using mocked-up censored claim forms.
The forms, offering consumers the chance to "live like MPs" and claim free holidays to Adelaide's Kangaroo Island, are running as press ads in today's newspapers.
The campaign, created by M&C Saatchi also comprises a colour photograph of the idyllic island, which will run on the consecutive page behind the black-and-white claim form.
Additional itemised claims forms, supposedly completed by an MP who "sought temporary accommodation at Kangaroo island with family, whilst constituency house underwent renovation" at a total cost of £18,726, were left on a number of London buses and Tubes last night.
While the spoof itemised form carries no commercial branding, the logos of the South Australian Government, the airline Qantas and Flight Centre are included in the press ads.
Last week, the Commons authorities released hundreds of thousands of MPs' claims forms, but with large sections of the details blacked out, prompting further criticism over Westminster's spending habits.
The Government reacted yesterday by publishing its plans for MPs who violate expenses rules, which could see them jailed for up to a year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager or Account Director - Branding & Design Royds Raphael £220-£280 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Creative Design & Brand Agency Royds Raphael £45k-£50k+neg, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- DIGITAL PROJECT DIRECTOR Royds Raphael £50K-£60K+bonus & benefits / £260++day rate., London
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad