Air New Zealand staff strip for eye-catching safety video
By Jennifer Whitehead, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 29 June 2009 03:30PM
LONDON - Air New Zealand is attempting to defeat plane safety video fatigue by creating a new version starring real life crew wearing only body paint to protect their modesty, which ties in with a new advertising campaign.
The video carries all the usual safety information but delivered in a tongue-in-cheek manner and with delightfully fruity Kiwi accents, reminding passengers that on a "sivin three sivin three hundred", "the nearest ixit could be behind you".
The stunt ties in with Air New Zealand's local advertising campaign which is built on the strapline "Our fares have nothing to hide".
Unfortunately for international passengers, the video is only being shown on domestic flights within New Zealand, but it can be viewed here.
Even more disappointingly, anyone hoping for a glimpse of a pert hostess's bosom or hunky pilot buttocks should be warned that strategically placed seatbelts and chairs mean that the video is strictly G-rated.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Freelance SEO Consultant Major Players £200 - £250 per day, London
- Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £28000 - £34000 per annum + benefits, Chester
- Senior Conceptual Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Oxfordshire