McCabe goes as Bauer axes jobs
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 30 June 2009 02:00PM
LONDON - Bauer Media senior advertising executive Tim McCabe is to leave the publisher after five years.
His departure comes as Bauer looks to offset the tough economic climate by shedding 30 jobs across its commercial and editorial operations. Those cuts were announced in May.
McCabe was associate director of brand solutions, working on its cross-media sales initiative, Bauer2, which has been reined in.
He started his advertising career as a television buyer at Ogilvy & Mather, and before joining Emap in 2005 he spent eight years as Vizeum's head of radio. He joined Emap as planning director of its advertising unit.
McCabe's departure follows that of Bauer2 head Rob Tomalin last year. The unit has been shut as a stand-alone entity and folded into Bauer's commercial development team.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Account Manager . Oxford/Banbury £30,000 plus bonus package to £40,000 plus Golf. Mark Paine Recruitment £30,000 plus bonus to £40,000 OTE plus car/ Golf, Banbury, Oxfordshire
- Social Media Officer Care Quality Commission £34,241, London (Greater)
- Product Translator - German Creative Recruitment £80 - £100 per day, West London
- Marketing Officer (8 weeks / 2 month contract) Stopgap £25000 - £28000 per annum, West Midlands
- PR Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30,000 to £40,000, South West London
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Adam & Eve/DDB grabs £100,000 prize from Posterscope