McCabe goes as Bauer axes jobs
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 30 June 2009 02:00PM
LONDON - Bauer Media senior advertising executive Tim McCabe is to leave the publisher after five years.
His departure comes as Bauer looks to offset the tough economic climate by shedding 30 jobs across its commercial and editorial operations. Those cuts were announced in May.
McCabe was associate director of brand solutions, working on its cross-media sales initiative, Bauer2, which has been reined in.
He started his advertising career as a television buyer at Ogilvy & Mather, and before joining Emap in 2005 he spent eight years as Vizeum's head of radio. He joined Emap as planning director of its advertising unit.
McCabe's departure follows that of Bauer2 head Rob Tomalin last year. The unit has been shut as a stand-alone entity and folded into Bauer's commercial development team.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Product Design Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £55000 per annum, Liverpool
- Head of Copy (Content) Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum, North London
- Marketing Manager (technology) 12 months FTC ADLIB £25000 - £30000 per annum, Bristol
- Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 per annum, City of London