McCabe goes as Bauer axes jobs
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 30 June 2009 02:00PM
LONDON - Bauer Media senior advertising executive Tim McCabe is to leave the publisher after five years.
His departure comes as Bauer looks to offset the tough economic climate by shedding 30 jobs across its commercial and editorial operations. Those cuts were announced in May.
McCabe was associate director of brand solutions, working on its cross-media sales initiative, Bauer2, which has been reined in.
He started his advertising career as a television buyer at Ogilvy & Mather, and before joining Emap in 2005 he spent eight years as Vizeum's head of radio. He joined Emap as planning director of its advertising unit.
McCabe's departure follows that of Bauer2 head Rob Tomalin last year. The unit has been shut as a stand-alone entity and folded into Bauer's commercial development team.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Account Director / Senior Account Director £45-55k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Berkshire
- Internal Communications Manager Stopgap £31000 - £365000 per annum + pro rata - 3 month contract, South West England
- Production Controller SAVVY Media Ltd £25K, Crawley, West Sussex
- PR Account Executive / Junior PR Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £18000 - £25000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits package, Oxford
- Marketing Manager Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith