Selfridges time-travels into the future as part of centenary celebrations
LONDON - Selfridges is launching a window installation this week which imagines life in 100 years' time as part of its centenary celebrations.
The Wieden + Kennedy-created display, called ‘Future A-Z, consists of 26 fantastical inventions, including airbag cycle helmets and designer organs. Rather than looking at its past, the retailer is giving consumers a glimpse of what things could be like in 2109.
Selfridges is running a competition offering the public the chance to create the ‘X' invention. The winner will receive a £500 Selfridges gift card and have their name featured on the window along with their invention from August. The competition will also be promoted via a viral film on the retailer's website.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- CRM Specialist/Executive - Based Oxford Stopgap competitive + benefits, London
- Junior Creative Artworker Purple Consultancy Ã‚£18000 - Ã‚£22000 per annum, London
- Digital QC Purple Consultancy Ã‚£25000 - Ã‚£30000 per annum, Middlesex
- Business Development Manager - Data Direct Recruitment £75k, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £42000 per annum, London
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake