Selfridges time-travels into the future as part of centenary celebrations
LONDON - Selfridges is launching a window installation this week which imagines life in 100 years' time as part of its centenary celebrations.
The Wieden + Kennedy-created display, called ‘Future A-Z, consists of 26 fantastical inventions, including airbag cycle helmets and designer organs. Rather than looking at its past, the retailer is giving consumers a glimpse of what things could be like in 2109.
Selfridges is running a competition offering the public the chance to create the ‘X' invention. The winner will receive a £500 Selfridges gift card and have their name featured on the window along with their invention from August. The competition will also be promoted via a viral film on the retailer's website.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London