Selfridges time-travels into the future as part of centenary celebrations
LONDON - Selfridges is launching a window installation this week which imagines life in 100 years' time as part of its centenary celebrations.
The Wieden + Kennedy-created display, called ‘Future A-Z, consists of 26 fantastical inventions, including airbag cycle helmets and designer organs. Rather than looking at its past, the retailer is giving consumers a glimpse of what things could be like in 2109.
Selfridges is running a competition offering the public the chance to create the ‘X' invention. The winner will receive a £500 Selfridges gift card and have their name featured on the window along with their invention from August. The competition will also be promoted via a viral film on the retailer's website.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel