Barclaycard launches 'waterslide' iPhone game
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 06 July 2009 09:15AM
LONDON - Barclaycard is launching a free iPhone game to link with the latest airing of its "waterslide" ad campaign.
The game, called Waterslide Extreme, will be available as an iPhone application from mid-July.
Created by fishlabs and Dare, the game involves steering a character down increasingly difficult waterslides in a recreation of Bartle Bogle Hegarty’s TV ad.
The TV ad has returned to screens this week, with extra footage accessible via Sky’s new green button technology.
Paul Troy, the head of advertising and sponsorship at Barclaycard, said: "The launch of the iPhone game is a first in financial services – the 'waterslide' ad has engaged millions online and this game gives consumers the opportunity to go on the waterslide themselves."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager -(10 Month FTC) - Global Publishing House Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package, Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Senior Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Birmingham
- Creative Artworker Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Account Director - Retail to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition