Barclaycard launches 'waterslide' iPhone game
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 06 July 2009 09:15AM
LONDON - Barclaycard is launching a free iPhone game to link with the latest airing of its "waterslide" ad campaign.
The game, called Waterslide Extreme, will be available as an iPhone application from mid-July.
Created by fishlabs and Dare, the game involves steering a character down increasingly difficult waterslides in a recreation of Bartle Bogle Hegarty’s TV ad.
The TV ad has returned to screens this week, with extra footage accessible via Sky’s new green button technology.
Paul Troy, the head of advertising and sponsorship at Barclaycard, said: "The launch of the iPhone game is a first in financial services – the 'waterslide' ad has engaged millions online and this game gives consumers the opportunity to go on the waterslide themselves."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager - SEO and German speaking Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent agency benefits , London
- Account Executive Dynamic New Alliances £18000.00 - £22000.00 per annum, City of London
- account manager > ATL > AUTOMOTIVE collectivo Up to £32,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Category Planning Manager Better Placed Recruitment £Competitive, Greater Manchester
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues