Barclaycard launches 'waterslide' iPhone game
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 06 July 2009 09:15AM
LONDON - Barclaycard is launching a free iPhone game to link with the latest airing of its "waterslide" ad campaign.
The game, called Waterslide Extreme, will be available as an iPhone application from mid-July.
Created by fishlabs and Dare, the game involves steering a character down increasingly difficult waterslides in a recreation of Bartle Bogle Hegarty’s TV ad.
The TV ad has returned to screens this week, with extra footage accessible via Sky’s new green button technology.
Paul Troy, the head of advertising and sponsorship at Barclaycard, said: "The launch of the iPhone game is a first in financial services – the 'waterslide' ad has engaged millions online and this game gives consumers the opportunity to go on the waterslide themselves."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Marketing Communication Executive Brand Recruitment £24000 - £27000 per annum, Suffolk
- Business Development, Account Manager Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager - 6 Month Contract - West London - Retail Ninesharp Negotiable, London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - CRM, direct mail, up to £27k The Industry Club London Ltd Up to £27k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Radio Times: 50 years of Doctor Who covers
- McDonald's marks 40 years with charity ad