Glue wins Swedish tourism account
By Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 08 July 2009 01:20PM
LONDON - Visit Sweden has hired glue London to handle a portion of its digital advertising account after a pitch against an undisclosed Swedish agency.
The agency has been briefed to develop a campaign to promote Skåne, the country’s southernmost region, as a good value tourist destination to British holidaymakers tempted to stay in the UK during the recession.
The campaign will use social media and viral activity, in contrast to previous campaigns, which relied predominantly on online advertising. The work will aim to raise awareness of the benefits of travelling to Sweden, which include the exchange rate and competitive flights and accommodation.
The campaign is being led by a partnership between VisitSweden UK, Tourism in Skåne and Malmo Tourism.
Maria Johansson, the marketing and communications manager at VisitSweden UK, said: ‘We are very excited about the new campaign, which offers an original and innovative way to attract UK travellers and drive sales to this unique region of Sweden. With competitive airfares, great value hotels and a favourable exchange rate, Sweden is more accessible than ever.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager (Data/DM/Campaign) ADLIB £27k - £35k, Bristol
- Digital Display Manager - Automotive - £35K Ultimate Asset £32000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Account Manager up to £30,000 Kent Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Kent
- Campaign Manager Stopgap £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film