Glue wins Swedish tourism account
By Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 08 July 2009 01:20PM
LONDON - Visit Sweden has hired glue London to handle a portion of its digital advertising account after a pitch against an undisclosed Swedish agency.
The agency has been briefed to develop a campaign to promote Skåne, the country’s southernmost region, as a good value tourist destination to British holidaymakers tempted to stay in the UK during the recession.
The campaign will use social media and viral activity, in contrast to previous campaigns, which relied predominantly on online advertising. The work will aim to raise awareness of the benefits of travelling to Sweden, which include the exchange rate and competitive flights and accommodation.
The campaign is being led by a partnership between VisitSweden UK, Tourism in Skåne and Malmo Tourism.
Maria Johansson, the marketing and communications manager at VisitSweden UK, said: ‘We are very excited about the new campaign, which offers an original and innovative way to attract UK travellers and drive sales to this unique region of Sweden. With competitive airfares, great value hotels and a favourable exchange rate, Sweden is more accessible than ever.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- SENIOR 3D DESIGNER - EVENTS & EXHIBITIONS Live Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Strategy Director - Consumer PR Reuben Sinclair £65000 - £85000 Per Annum, London (Greater)
- Strategic Research Consultant Rare Selection £35 - £40K + 20% bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £65 - £80K + benefits. , Central London
- Head of Strategy - Associate Director Level Rare Selection £70 - £80K + enhanced benefits package, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith