Glue wins Swedish tourism account
By Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 08 July 2009 01:20PM
LONDON - Visit Sweden has hired glue London to handle a portion of its digital advertising account after a pitch against an undisclosed Swedish agency.
The agency has been briefed to develop a campaign to promote Skåne, the country’s southernmost region, as a good value tourist destination to British holidaymakers tempted to stay in the UK during the recession.
The campaign will use social media and viral activity, in contrast to previous campaigns, which relied predominantly on online advertising. The work will aim to raise awareness of the benefits of travelling to Sweden, which include the exchange rate and competitive flights and accommodation.
The campaign is being led by a partnership between VisitSweden UK, Tourism in Skåne and Malmo Tourism.
Maria Johansson, the marketing and communications manager at VisitSweden UK, said: ‘We are very excited about the new campaign, which offers an original and innovative way to attract UK travellers and drive sales to this unique region of Sweden. With competitive airfares, great value hotels and a favourable exchange rate, Sweden is more accessible than ever.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Media Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show